Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

We're Back, Baby!

<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 16 Nov 2010, 18:31

Re: We're Back, Baby!

Let's get upping those posts again!!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 16 Nov 2010, 19:54

bexyshortcake wrote:If you want me to scan in the stuff that I already have again like magazines and newspapers just give me a shout !! :hug:
Does this also mean that our post numbers have gone down as well ?? :unsure:

Edit: I think that the art section has gone as well, wellI can't find it. :crybaby:

Well, maybe you can start up with what you already scanned... I'll see what I can do these days. I hope that the colleague will be at work tomorrow so that I can scan the 1996 Hello magazine (the ones with the farm animals). Since it's bigger than A4 I need an A3 scanner.

I really wonder why those forum people do not make backups like normal people!!!
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 16 Nov 2010, 20:21

LunaFive wrote:I really wonder why those forum people do not make backups like normal people!!!

You can, but it costs a hell of a lot and it's quite an amount for just two people to share. :no:

Becka, I really appreciate that you want to upload all the articles again but I think it'd be better to wait and see if these boards come back and if they don't, whether we're able to even create new boards.
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 17 Nov 2010, 10:45

Maartje wrote:
LunaFive wrote:I really wonder why those forum people do not make backups like normal people!!!

You can, but it costs a hell of a lot and it's quite an amount for just two people to share. :no:

Becka, I really appreciate that you want to upload all the articles again but I think it'd be better to wait and see if these boards come back and if they don't, whether we're able to even create new boards.

Good plan.
And by the way, I had no idea that you have to pay for backup, I would have anticpated they would do it as a normal procedure.
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 17 Nov 2010, 15:07

Of course I will - just say if you want them and shame about the posts.
Ok thanks for the help with the art section.

:grouphug:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 17 Nov 2010, 15:29

Yes it's a real shame that these boards disappeared, because we had documented so much stuff there. I'm very disappointed. But there's nothing we can do about it, and I think it's very sweet of you girls that you're all offering to help out with retrieving all that we've lost.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 18 Nov 2010, 14:56

:grouphug:

Did this all happen because of the added Class Act Topic or just a general problem that happened ??
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 18 Nov 2010, 16:28

No just a general problem. It had nothing to do with us creating a new board.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 18 Nov 2010, 17:48

Ok thanks, I was just wondering. :hug:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 24 Nov 2010, 07:08

I'm still a bit confused with all the forum thread changes. How long do you think we shall wait if they bring other threads back or not? For example, I found a nice interview that I wanted to post but I am not sure where. Maybe you could open new threads so that we can start over? (like the News thread or the interviews and articles thread)

I'll post the link here, so that you can move it then:

http://ht.ly/1a7PCx

sorry, if that's confusing but I really didn't know where to put it now :no:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 24 Nov 2010, 09:12

To be really honest, I don't think they'll fix these problems. We're in touch with someone who runs a forum and has experienced the same problems as well and she told us she had found a solution, though there is no guarantee that we won't lose more if we try to fix it ourselves.

I need to discuss this with Philippa and we'll probably need to do it together and it will be a lot of work. Until then you can just post the topics on the board you think is the most appropriate. (we'll start moving everything around again when things get fixed) :wink:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 24 Nov 2010, 11:13

Maartje wrote:To be really honest, I don't think they'll fix these problems. We're in touch with someone who runs a forum and has experienced the same problems as well and she told us she had found a solution, though there is no guarantee that we won't lose more if we try to fix it ourselves.

I need to discuss this with Philippa and we'll probably need to do it together and it will be a lot of work. Until then you can just post the topics on the board you think is the most appropriate. (we'll start moving everything around again when things get fixed) :wink:

Thank you for your quick reply. I feared that something like this would happen (that they would not fix our problems) and I know that it is a lot of work to re-create everything. As long as you don't mind to move things around, I think we all should be okay with this then. :wave:
Previous

Return to Helpdesk