Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Julia Sawalha

<<

Emmylou

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 05 Sep 2010, 23:23

Re: Julia Sawalha

Ahh I love LRTC! I'm so happy they are filming another series! I will admit that that I too starting watching Joanna after watching Julia :whistle: I used to watch her in Larkrise and then watched AbFab repeats after that as she was in it, then I realised how great Joanna is :)
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 06 Sep 2010, 05:31

I'm glad you like LRTC, I just love it, too. And Julia is doing such a good job with this character she's playing, isn't she? I only wish they would let her say "... is my only weakness" more often :lmao:

And it's nice to find another one who started beeing a fan of Joanna because she watched Julia in LRTC before, how cool is that? :hug:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 10 Sep 2010, 21:19

LunaFive wrote:I'm glad you like LRTC, I just love it, too. And Julia is doing such a good job with this character she's playing, isn't she? I only wish they would let her say "... is my only weakness" more often :lmao:

More often? I love that line, but she uses it as much as Eddie says '''sweetiedarling''. :lol: But yes, I'm really enjoying this series though I haven't watched any more episodes in the past few weeks. I'll get back to it for sure though.
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 12 Sep 2010, 13:36

Well, I think in season 3 she nearly says it at all, as far as I remember... but I could be wrong of course, it's been a while since I watched the episodes.
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 01 Dec 2010, 19:10

There is an account for Julia on Twitter. Now I'm very sceptical about these things unless they're marked 'verified', and Julia doesn't strike me as the kind of person to even have a Twitter account, so I'm pretty sure that it's a fake. What do you think? http://twitter.com/Julia_Sawalha

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 01 Dec 2010, 19:58

Philippa wrote:I found this really gorgeous picture of Julia on Google that I'd never seen before:

I swa this before, I found it on this page: http://www.juliasawalha.org/

It is a lovely picture, she looks so different as Dorcas now.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 01 Dec 2010, 23:35

Philippa wrote:There is an account for Julia on Twitter. Now I'm very sceptical about these things unless they're marked 'verified', and Julia doesn't strike me as the kind of person to even have a Twitter account, so I'm pretty sure that it's a fake. What do you think? http://twitter.com/Julia_Sawalha

I think I have seen that Twitter profile before and I think it's fake, too. I can't exactly tell why - she doesn't really seem the kind of 'Twittering' person indeed perhaps. Plus, the user picture ''she'' is using appears to be a promo one too and not a personal one like most celebs upload to Twitter.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 02 Dec 2010, 03:27

Maartje wrote:
Philippa wrote:There is an account for Julia on Twitter. Now I'm very sceptical about these things unless they're marked 'verified', and Julia doesn't strike me as the kind of person to even have a Twitter account, so I'm pretty sure that it's a fake. What do you think? http://twitter.com/Julia_Sawalha

I think I have seen that Twitter profile before and I think it's fake, too. I can't exactly tell why - she doesn't really seem the kind of 'Twittering' person indeed perhaps. Plus, the user picture ''she'' is using appears to be a promo one too and not a personal one like most celebs upload to Twitter.

Seems fake to me, and I don't even pretend to be a Julia expert. But I'm pretty sure the real Julia wouldn't have the spelling skills of a first grader and write stuff like "laughing in the face of adversary." That'd be "adversity" you're looking for, Fake Julia. "Adversary" would mean going up to your worst enemy and leaning in to laugh very close to his face. :lol:

She's also linking IMDb as her homepage, when she actually has a website. It's not even a very good fake. :roll:
<<

Philippa

Post 02 Dec 2010, 10:31

Yes the spelling is awful indeed :roll:
I really don't get why people would want to try and pretend to be a celebrity on websites like these. The fact that these pages are fake is so obvious, so I don't understand why they even bother.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 02 Dec 2010, 22:43

Philippa wrote:Yes the spelling is awful indeed :roll:
I really don't get why people would want to try and pretend to be a celebrity on websites like these. The fact that these pages are fake is so obvious, so I don't understand why they even bother.

In hopes of exercising some sad little bit of power/influence, I suppose. Ironically they usually aren't able to be convincing enough to exert said power/influence. :lmao:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 11 Jan 2011, 15:52

I'm loving the new series of LRTC already! :wub:

<<

Philippa

Post 11 Jan 2011, 16:19

Me too!! Shame it's the last series though. I don't want it to end, ever. It's my one weakness ^^

<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 11 Jan 2011, 20:18

Maartje wrote:I'm loving the new series of LRTC already! :wub:

That's a lovely picture, really!

Yeah, LR is my one weakness, too :wub:
Previous

Return to Absolutely Fabulous