Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Comic Relief - Red Nose Day

<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 20 Mar 2011, 15:46

Re: Comic Relief - Red Nose Day

Avengerdan wrote:I like how everyone struggled saying "Uptown Downstairs Abbey".

Spoiler:
The only real disappointment - and I'd have to be really picky - was that there was no UD content/references at all. Nor Dawn French. She's have made a great 'blind cook'. Flour flying everywhere ...

Joanna struggling with her Scottish accent and then just sitting down with the 'poshies'

"Pssst. Is she meant to be here?"
:lol:

Never tried this spoiler thing before, I hope it works...
Spoiler:
Well, Jennifer said on Facebook that Dawn was ill and couldn' be there. Too bad.
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 20 Mar 2011, 21:51

Richard Curtis (Vicar of Dibley e.g.) said in an interview from a month ago or so that it was supposed to be a French & Saunders sketch. So Britta is right, as far as the public has been told, Dawn was ill and couldn't perform. I wonder who took over her part? :unsure:
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 21 Mar 2011, 10:19

Maartje wrote:Richard Curtis (Vicar of Dibley e.g.) said in an interview from a month ago or so that it was supposed to be a French & Saunders sketch. So Britta is right, as far as the public has been told, Dawn was ill and couldn't perform. I wonder who took over her part? :unsure:

I'd imagine it was re-written, taking Dawn French's character out. Unless it was the Victoria Wood part, but she would have been perfect for the 'blind' cook, as I say.
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 21 Mar 2011, 23:06

Such a shame that Dawn was ill and couldn't be in the sketch :no:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
Previous

Return to Other