Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Animals United (2010)

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 19 Dec 2010, 12:12

Animals United (2010)

Look whose name I just spotted on a movie poster, together with Dawn French and Stephen Fry!

Dawn already revealed in an interview she's doing the voice-over for the elephant - anyone (who hasn't seen the interview) who wants to guess which animal Joanna's playing? :lmao:

(would it be weird for me to go and see an animated kiddies movie at my age? I want to go! :squee:)
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 19 Dec 2010, 12:23

Re: Animas United

I thought it was already a common fact that Joanna did a voice over for this one. I saw the German doubt trailer at least 10 times and was pretty annoyed by it (because the speaker sounded as if he was lisping) and thought, I won't ever see that movie. But when I found out that Joanna did a voice over, I changed my mind immediately. I guess I just need to wait for the DVD.
And don't worry about your age, if I can see, you can see it, too. :lmao:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 19 Dec 2010, 12:32

Well the good thing over here is that they always make a synchronised version of these animated movies but the original is always showed in movie theatres to, so there is actually a chance I will get to see this.

But you are right Britta, it was done over a year ago - I must have forgot or something because it sounded all new to me! But here we are, Dawn and Joanna starring in a new movie! :lmao:

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 19 Dec 2010, 18:50

Wow, an all-British animated kids' movie. Don't see those very often. Look at that cast! If it comes here, I might have a look at it. And of course it's okay to go to animated movies at your age, Maartje. I'm planning on seeing Tangled over Christmas, and I've got a few years on you. :thumb:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 19 Dec 2010, 19:36

Maartje wrote:Well the good thing over here is that they always make a synchronised version of these animated movies but the original is always showed in movie theatres to, so there is actually a chance I will get to see this.

But you are right Britta, it was done over a year ago - I must have forgot or something because it sounded all new to me! But here we are, Dawn and Joanna starring in a new movie! :lmao:

well, you might be luckier then I. In my hometown they usually show ONE movie a week in it's original version and that only on a Monday. So if you don't have time that day, you're lost. And I don't recall them showing an animated movie in English here. But I'll check out my cinema/theatre programme. :shock:
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 19 Dec 2010, 20:44

How cool! Which one is Joanna- the giraffe or the elephant?!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 19 Dec 2010, 21:45

The giraffe haha, Joanna's very own favourite animal!

Timeless A-Peel wrote:And of course it's okay to go to animated movies at your age, Maartje. I'm planning on seeing Tangled over Christmas, and I've got a few years on you. :thumb:

You must go and see Tangled (called Rapunzel over here) - my friends dragged me to the movies because they wanted to see it and I really loved it! It's funny and sweet and you'll leave the cinema with an ultimate feel-good feeling.

Britta, I hope you'll get to see it as well. Animated movies in 3D are fun!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 20 Dec 2010, 01:13

Maartje wrote:The giraffe haha, Joanna's very own favourite animal!

Timeless A-Peel wrote:And of course it's okay to go to animated movies at your age, Maartje. I'm planning on seeing Tangled over Christmas, and I've got a few years on you. :thumb:

You must go and see Tangled (called Rapunzel over here) - my friends dragged me to the movies because they wanted to see it and I really loved it! It's funny and sweet and you'll leave the cinema with an ultimate feel-good feeling.

Britta, I hope you'll get to see it as well. Animated movies in 3D are fun!

I've wanted to see Tangled badly ever since I caught the trailer, but I've been too busy with exams to go. So hopefully I'll remedy that over Christmas. I believe that it's good. :yes:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 20 Dec 2010, 09:54

So far I only saw the trailers for Tangeled, it seems to be a funny movie. I do like animated movies and in some cases even the German voices are acceptable. It's it's a no-go for Animal United, I know I wouldn't enjoy it, so I'd rather wait until the DVD is out.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 20 Dec 2010, 13:09

LunaFive wrote:So far I only saw the trailers for Tangeled, it seems to be a funny movie. I do like animated movies and in some cases even the German voices are acceptable. It's it's a no-go for Animal United, I know I wouldn't enjoy it, so I'd rather wait until the DVD is out.

No, I understand. To be quite honest, I've never understood why you Germans synchronise everything, including your TV... (yes, we do get German TV channels here, cool eh?) :wink:

I expect Animals United (and Tangled) will be less fun to watch on DVD though, as they're both 3D movies. But who knows..
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 20 Dec 2010, 15:38

Maartje wrote:
LunaFive wrote:So far I only saw the trailers for Tangeled, it seems to be a funny movie. I do like animated movies and in some cases even the German voices are acceptable. It's it's a no-go for Animal United, I know I wouldn't enjoy it, so I'd rather wait until the DVD is out.

No, I understand. To be quite honest, I've never understood why you Germans synchronise everything, including your TV... (yes, we do get German TV channels here, cool eh?) :wink:

I expect Animals United (and Tangled) will be less fun to watch on DVD though, as they're both 3D movies. But who knows..

Well, to be honest, me neither. Of course it's easier for people to just listen and not have to listen and read the subtitles the same time but I never understood why they do it in the first place.
So what kind of channels do you have?
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 31 Dec 2010, 23:53

Re: Animals United

This look's soo good haha !! :lolol: :lmao:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 31 Mar 2011, 10:08

Re: Animals United (2010)

Just a quick update,
finally Amazon has listed the DVD release date for April 25, 2011 :hyper:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 31 Mar 2011, 10:14

Great news! I believe the film still hasn't been released in theatres over here so I haven't had the chance to see it yet.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 31 Mar 2011, 12:20

Philippa wrote:Great news! I believe the film still hasn't been released in theatres over here so I haven't had the chance to see it yet.

It hasn't? they had it here but only with bad dubbing voices, so no chance I would pay money to see that. The DVD is already out in Germany, I ordered it and when I received it I realized that they had only the German audio track on it, so I sent it back. I'm just glad to be able to buy the real thing now soon. :lol:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 03 Apr 2011, 16:29

Philippa wrote:Great news! I believe the film still hasn't been released in theatres over here so I haven't had the chance to see it yet.

I believe it has though, but only a Dutch dubbed version of the movie. And it's unnecessary to add that I'd rather see the original, English version of the movie instead, right? :lol:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 03 Apr 2011, 20:19

If it's in Dutch I see no point in watching it, since I'd only want to watch it because of Dawn and Joanna :whistle:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 04 Apr 2011, 11:18

Philippa wrote:If it's in Dutch I see no point in watching it, since I'd only want to watch it because of Dawn and Joanna :whistle:

Agreed. :lol:

Return to Other