Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Switching off signatures

<<

spudwa

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Post 22 Apr 2011, 09:46

Switching off signatures

Hi

Whilst I appreciate the time and effort people have put into creating the pictures which show at the bottom of each post I'd like to be able to switch them off. We obviously have a few very active posters and I'm constantly scrolling through pages of posts where the majority of content is peoples signature pictures. Sorry if I've offended anyone but I'm finding a bit distracting trying to find new pics of Joanna amongst all the pictures of Joanna (if you get my meaning)

Thanks Paul
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 22 Apr 2011, 21:46

Re: Avatars signature I don't kno what they are

Hi Paul,

I understand the fact that you find the signatures distracting, and I'm sure you're not the only one. It takes a while to get used to them, but once you do it is quite easy to navigate the boards. However, I'm afraid I don't know how you can switch them off, and if this is even possible (we're on a free board, not on a paid one so we don't have many fancy stuff on here). I'll look into it and let you know, but I fear there's not much I can do for you.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 23 Apr 2011, 12:27

Go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Display Options. You can switch off both avatars and signatures.
<<

Philippa

Post 23 Apr 2011, 12:44

Timeless seems to know things about the board that I don't, and I created it :lol: Thanks dear.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 23 Apr 2011, 12:51

Philippa wrote:Timeless seems to know things about the board that I don't, and I created it :lol: Thanks dear.

Ha, ha, you're very welcome. :lol: Just went clicking around in the settings, that's all. I suspect I'd have more problems doing all the fiddly bits in the background that you do, though. :hug:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 26 Apr 2011, 13:57

Speaking of signatures, I noticed that someones signatures are much bigger than mine for example. I once tried to upload one that wasn't as "high" as Timeless's but it wouldn't let me. How comes that I have some restrictions and others doesn't seem to have them? It's confusing to me...
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Philippa

Post 26 Apr 2011, 17:02

Hmm there are definitely restrictions though I don't know the exact measurements off the top of my head. Timeless' signature looks bigger because it's square I think, so I'm assuming that it's only just staying within the limits height-wise.

<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 26 Apr 2011, 18:36

That's strange because the one I wanted to use wasn't much bigger than the one I have now. Hm. I might try it again some day.
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

spudwa

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Post 07 May 2011, 07:41

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Display Options. You can switch off both avatars and signatures.

Thank you very much :-)
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 07 May 2011, 12:57

spudwa wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Display Options. You can switch off both avatars and signatures.

Thank you very much :-)

No problem.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 09 May 2011, 00:33

Re: Avatars signature

The problem's been solved so I'm closing this topic now. :lock:

Return to Helpdesk