Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Hello there :)

<<

chrissiebee

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 16 Oct 2011, 14:27

Hello there :)

Hi! My name is Chrissie, and live in North Wales. I have 3 children, 6, 4 and 2. My 2year old daughter was born at home, but was still unamed at birth. I had had trouble with my pelvis through latter stages of pregnancy, so had to rest a lot. I watched LOADS of AB Fab on GoldTV, and rekindled my love for both Joanna and Jennifer. Their humour kept my spirits high, and helped me remain possitive despite the pain in the last few weeks of pregnancy.
When my daughter was born, we did not know what sex she was, and was delighted with our second little girl. But still no names popped to mind.
I suggested Saffron...and my midwife told me her mother had sent her saffron in the post for her recent birthday. So it seemed it was fate. I now have my very own Saffy Darling. She was Saffy within hours of being named, and is still Saffy, or Saff Saff, or Saffy Darling!
As time went by we realised she was blessed with the most beautiful curly blonde hair - unlike her brother and sisters straight hair. How odd, that she too like Saffy Darling, had curly hair.
I hope Saffy Darling will keep my feet on the ground, and look after me too - as in Ab Fab!
I admire all the work Joanna has done over the years, and hope that I will mature and grow into a woman of similar decorum and class - although I know I will always be a little more rough around the edges than the beautiful Joanna.
She is an inspiration to women, and a firm reminder to us all, that manners and politeness really do matter.
Thak You for reading. XXxxXX
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 16 Oct 2011, 19:27

Re: Hello there :)

Welcome to the forum Chrissie, and what a lovely story about your experiences with AbFab. I think it's great that you named your daughter after one of the characters, Saffron is a great name :grin:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

chrissiebee

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Post 16 Oct 2011, 20:13

Thank You!
When I talk about this with people, everyone,including a few people I have met, not always from the UK, all know exactly who I mean. Ab Fab is Legend!
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 16 Oct 2011, 21:25

Hi there! What a lovely reference to the show and I have to agree: Saffron's a very pretty name. :wink: Welcome to our forum!
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 17 Oct 2011, 06:08

Hi and welcome to the forum!
I think it's great that your named your daugther Saffron - to be honest, I heard that name the first time I watched AbFab - I do live in Germany and we don't have that name around here.
I hope you will enjoy the forum! :wave:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 18 Oct 2011, 12:34

Aw, that's a sweet story. ^^ Welcome, Chrissie. :wave:

Return to Welcome