Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Girl Friday

<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 01 Mar 2011, 14:10

Re: Girl Friday

Becky wrote:To be honest, I can't tell when she is wearing it and when she isn't wearing it :lol: (only when she is wearing lippy)
I don't think she needs it :blush:

did you ever watch UpTown? Then you'll see the difference!
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 01 Mar 2011, 15:59

LunaFive wrote:
Becky wrote:To be honest, I can't tell when she is wearing it and when she isn't wearing it :lol: (only when she is wearing lippy)
I don't think she needs it :blush:

did you ever watch UpTown? Then you'll see the difference!

You do see the difference, definitely. Besides, what would be the use of wearing make-up if it's not going to make a difference anyway? :lol:
But I do agree with Becky that she doesn't really need it. Joanna's a natural beauty and she does look really good without make-up.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 01 Mar 2011, 21:45

Yeah, O.K that is an exception :lol:

I think some people wear make-up without a real need to look 'different'. Just because they like the 'glamour' of it and spending on flashy products :brows:. But obviously, we all mostly wear make-up to look beautiful and look different. And hide stuff :brows:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 02 Mar 2011, 06:40

Philippa wrote:But I do agree with Becky that she doesn't really need it. Joanna's a natural beauty and she does look really good without make-up.

Oh I totally agree with you both here! :wink:
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 03 Mar 2011, 07:02

She could be wearing a rubbish bag, but still look stunning :wub:
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 22 Mar 2011, 09:36

LunaFive wrote:
Philippa wrote:
But I do agree with Becky that she doesn't really need it. Joanna's a natural beauty and she does look really good without make-up.

Oh I totally agree with you both here! :wink:

I agree !! Joanna could wear a bin bag and still look amazing. :wub:
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 26 Aug 2011, 09:36

I watched this today again. It's so great to see Joanna's cleverness in action! :thumb:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 27 Aug 2011, 09:11

Becky wrote:I watched this today again. It's so great to see Joanna's cleverness in action! :thumb:

Yes, she's really clever. I could never have made this bed in the first place.
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 27 Aug 2011, 09:15

she made it really sturdy too :lol:
I'd have collapsed soon as I got onto the bed from my bad bed 'making' skills :P
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 27 Aug 2011, 10:39

LunaFive wrote:
Becky wrote:I watched this today again. It's so great to see Joanna's cleverness in action! :thumb:

Yes, she's really clever. I could never have made this bed in the first place.

I can't even put together an Ikea bed so... :whistle:

I agree though, the Bra Shoes are amazing. She should have her own little inventory exhibition somewhere. :lol:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 27 Aug 2011, 16:04

Maartje wrote:I can't even put together an Ikea bed so... :whistle:

I agree though, the Bra Shoes are amazing. She should have her own little inventory exhibition somewhere. :lol:

Ha, me neither, I had my bed installed, otherwise I would have had to sleep on the floor ever since. I'm better in destroying things by accident :lmao:
<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 15 Jan 2012, 11:38

I watched this the other day and utterly loved it. ^^

Highlights for me included Jo's overt excitement over discovering the turtle tracks, Jennifer's letters and of course the infamous bra shoes! :lmao:

May I also add that it's not fair that this woman has so many bloody talents! She can act, draw, write, speak various languages and make things such as beds with apparent ease! It shouldn't be allowed I tell you! Although, I think this is what makes me love her so much -- she can posses all of these talents yet not appear in anyway smug about it. :wub:

Oooh one last thing to add; did anyone else adore the way she used all the stuff she found on the beach to make her cave look a bit more homey? I thought that was brilliant! ^^
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 15 Jan 2012, 15:45

Yes! I thought so too!!! On the back of joanna's new book I love the seashell photo so much and it made me think of her shells on the island. Shame she suffered trench foot though :( must've been extremely painful
<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 15 Jan 2012, 23:50

Becky wrote:Yes! I thought so too!!! On the back of joanna's new book I love the seashell photo so much and it made me think of her shells on the island.

Aw this makes me feel bad because I haven't bought Jo's new book yet. In fact I haven't read any of her books, what with me only just recently falling in love with her and all. :wub:

To be honest I'm a tad OCD about these things in the sense that I need to approach everything chronologically when I'm in the process of familiarising myself with someone's works, so I actually need to read Girl Friday before I read anything else in the JoJo Lumers bibliography. The trouble is I don't know where on Earth I'm going to find it; I know it's available on Amazon/Ebay but as I don't have a credit/debit card or paypal I obviously can't purchase anything online and as it's out of print I doubt I'll be seeing it on a bookshelf at my local Waterstones! Does anyone know if I can download it from anywhere? I've done some searching but so far I've not had any luck.

Becky wrote:Shame she suffered trench foot though :( must've been extremely painful

Actually, I believe that one of the most common symptoms of trench foot is loss of sensation, so let's hope -- for Jo's sake -- she was within the majority when it came to this complaint.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 16 Jan 2012, 00:20

Heleno wrote:May I also add that it's not fair that this woman has so many bloody talents! She can act, draw, write, speak various languages and make things such as beds with apparent ease! It shouldn't be allowed I tell you!

Hihi, welcome to the club. I forgot how many times we ranted about that the fact that she seems capable of almost everything, but we do love her for it. :lol:
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 16 Jan 2012, 09:50

Heleno wrote:
Becky wrote:Yes! I thought so too!!! On the back of joanna's new book I love the seashell photo so much and it made me think of her shells on the island.

Aw this makes me feel bad because I haven't bought Jo's new book yet. In fact I haven't read any of her books, what with me only just recently falling in love with her and all. :wub:

To be honest I'm a tad OCD about these things in the sense that I need to approach everything chronologically when I'm in the process of familiarising myself with someone's works, so I actually need to read Girl Friday before I read anything else in the JoJo Lumers bibliography. The trouble is I don't know where on Earth I'm going to find it; I know it's available on Amazon/Ebay but as I don't have a credit/debit card or paypal I obviously can't purchase anything online and as it's out of print I doubt I'll be seeing it on a bookshelf at my local Waterstones! Does anyone know if I can download it from anywhere? I've done some searching but so far I've not had any luck.

Becky wrote:Shame she suffered trench foot though :( must've been extremely painful

Actually, I believe that one of the most common symptoms of trench foot is loss of sensation, so let's hope -- for Jo's sake -- she was within the majority when it came to this complaint.

Maybe someone has scanned up the pages on mediafire or there might be some file pack or something (golly, they must've been there all day :lol:). I don't recommend doing it, because it's kinda bad. But if you can't find the book, I guess you can try googling to see if there is some sort of file you can pay for or find for free ( :unsure: )
Previous

Return to Documentaries