Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

In the kingdom of the Thunder Dragon

<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 31 Dec 2010, 12:11

In the kingdom of the Thunder Dragon

Joanna and her cousin Maybe follow in the footsteps of their grandparents in the Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 26 Aug 2011, 09:35

Re: In the kingdom of the Thunder Dragon

Anywhere where I can watch this? I haven't been able to find it on DVD or on Youtube
<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 16 Jan 2012, 00:10

Becky wrote:Anywhere where I can watch this? I haven't been able to find it on DVD or on Youtube

Hi Becks, I don't know whether this'll be any use to you five months on but Thunder Dragon is now available on youtube. Clicky clicky! :grin:

I watched this this morning and I was completely taken aback not only by the beautifully tranquil landscape but also the unbelievable hospitality of the Bhutanese people. Jo was great; that goes without saying, but for some reason I found Maybe hilarious! I think it's because she was so unbelievably posh, posher than Joanna by a long shot and that's saying something! :lmao:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 16 Jan 2012, 00:18

Heleno wrote:Jo was great; that goes without saying, but for some reason I found Maybe hilarious! I think it's because she was so unbelievably posh, posher than Joanna by a long shot and that's saying something! :lmao:

So did I. She's funny and they have a great chemistry going on - they should do more docu's together. I think I mentioned it before but my absolute favourite moment is the posh dinner party that they attended. You can hear and see a man in the background going 'Aaah yes, absolutely fabulous!' and Jo going red. So funny.
<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 16 Jan 2012, 01:18

Mara wrote:So did I. She's funny and they have a great chemistry going on - they should do more docu's together. I think I mentioned it before but my absolute favourite moment is the posh dinner party that they attended. You can hear and see a man in the background going 'Aaah yes, absolutely fabulous!' and Jo going red. So funny.

Oh my god, yes! That was tremendous! I can't believe he actually had the audacity to do that! :lmao:

He was a Royal of some kind if I'm not utterly mistake, wasn't he? :huh:

Anyway, I think my favourite moment was when Jo was walking through the village fĂȘte type event towards the end, expecting to see some cultural trading going on but instead discovering that the vendors where selling tickets for card games and bingo. Her commentary over that bit had be in absolute stitches!

"Dead eye Dec!...Give me elbow room...Lucky five! Yeah, I hope." :lmao:
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 16 Jan 2012, 09:52

Heleno wrote:
Becky wrote:Anywhere where I can watch this? I haven't been able to find it on DVD or on Youtube

Hi Becks, I don't know whether this'll be any use to you five months on but Thunder Dragon is now available on youtube. Clicky clicky! :grin:

I watched this this morning and I was completely taken aback not only by the beautifully tranquil landscape but also the unbelievable hospitality of the Bhutanese people. Jo was great; that goes without saying, but for some reason I found Maybe hilarious! I think it's because she was so unbelievably posh, posher than Joanna by a long shot and that's saying something! :lmao:

<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 16 Jan 2012, 15:38

Becky wrote:Thanks :)

My absolute pleasure, sweetie. ^^

I hope you enjoy/enjoyed it!

Return to Documentaries