Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 28 Jan 2012, 01:48

Sorry for starting a whole thread about this, I would've posted in one of the old 'Avatar Problem' threads but they were locked, so I couldn't. Sorry.

Anyway, I just finished editing a lovely picture of Jo that I found with the idea of using it as my new avatar, however I'm unable to upload it. It goes like this; I go to the user control panel, then profile, then click on 'edit avatar', choose my file and click 'submit'. Then I go back to the user control panel to see what my new avatar looks like, only to find that I'm still stuck with my old one! I tried deleting my old avatar before uploading my new one, but miraculously the old one returned! I've been doing some tinkering as I've been writing this, and have finally managed to get rid of my old avatar, however the new one still refuses to be uploaded. Oh and I know what you're thinking, I've checked; the picture is precisely 150 x 150 pixels and well under the file limit. I can't see what the problem is. :no:

Anyways, I would really appreciate some help here. (Adopts the sweetest of sweet voices) Ooh Philippa sweetie! Maartje my daaaarling! You know you're my two favouritist people in the whole entire world, right? :yes: Then help Helen, sweeties! :d

P.S. I'm also having an issue with a certain smiley, it's not that big of a deal but I thought I might as well bring it up whilst I'm here. You see how there's two 'angel' smilies? One just smiling, the other playing the harp? Yes, well when I go to use the one just smiling I end up with the one playing the harp, which is not always appropriate to what I want to say, hence why I don't use it. I don't know if it's just me or not, because I noticed that they both have the same :name: (yes the colons are there on purpose) which I think is what's causing the problem, so theoretically speaking everyone should be having the same problem.

I'm shutting up now, before this turns into another ridiculously long post! :lol:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 28 Jan 2012, 10:22

Re: Avatar Adversity

That's very strange about the avatar, because normally when you delete one and then upload another it should work. I don't know if this is something you've done, but you can't delete one and upload the other all in one go (if you know what I mean). First you have to delete your old avatar, and when that's completed you go back to the User Control Panel and upload a new one. If uploading from your computer doesn't work, try uploading it to a website such as photobucket first, and then copy the link from there. Hope that helps :yes:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 28 Jan 2012, 11:33

Re: Avatar Adversity

Hm, that's interesting. I agree with what Philippa just said: try to do it in one go and if that doesn't work, upload it to a hosting site. If you don't have a PhotoBucket account I can upload it to mine and send you the link. :yes:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 28 Jan 2012, 12:25

Re: Avatar adversity

I actually said the opposite. I said don't try to do it in one go, because I know for a fact that that doesn't work.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 28 Jan 2012, 13:09

Philippa wrote:I actually said the opposite. I said don't try to do it in one go, because I know for a fact that that doesn't work.

Woops, that's what I meant. I had barely open my eyes - must not type sleepy replies to topics. :lol:
<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 29 Jan 2012, 00:19

Oh god I really am rather dim, aren't I? I completely forgot that you could link pictures from photobucket etc. :stupidme:

Oh well! I've sorted it now, uploading from my computer is still a no go (yes, I completely understood what you said Philppa, about deleting the old avatar before uploading the new one; that's what I've been doing, to no avail) but photobucket's good enough for me. :thumb:

Thanks guys! I still can't believe that I didn't think of that! What an idiot! :no: :lolol:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 29 Jan 2012, 00:37

No worries, I see I managed to upload your pic so good for you. :thumb:
<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 29 Jan 2012, 00:47

Mara wrote:No worries, I see I managed to upload your pic so good for you. :thumb:

You managed to upload my pic? :huh: I hope to god that's a typo, otherwise I fear I've somehow managed to enter...the twilight zone! :hypnose: :lolol:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 29 Jan 2012, 01:11

Oh god, I'm sleep-typing again :lolol: I actually meant you. Perhaps I should close this topic now, before it gets worse (I'm so sorry)

:night:
<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 29 Jan 2012, 01:44

Mara wrote:Oh god, I'm sleep-typing again :lolol: I actually meant you. Perhaps I should close this topic now, before it gets worse (I'm so sorry)

:night:

Aw don't worry about it deary, I was only pulling your leg! I totally knew what you meant. :thumb:

By all means, close the topic, but then you go straight to bed young lady! :tongue: :lol:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 29 Jan 2012, 01:47

I ought to go bed though! It's nearly 2:00 AM here and I my uni books are waiting for me tomorrow (I. Don't. Want. To.) :shock:
<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 29 Jan 2012, 02:26

Mara wrote:I ought to go bed though! It's nearly 2:00 AM here and I my uni books are waiting for me tomorrow (I. Don't. Want. To.) :shock:

(Sighs) You always were a stubborn child. :no: :lol:

In all seriousness, I've learnt something today -- Holland is only one hour ahead of the UK, who knew? Not me, that's who! :lolol: I, on the other hand, have absolutely nowhere to be tomorrow so I can stay awake for as long as I please. Ah, the life of a dosser has it's advantages. :tongue:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 29 Jan 2012, 14:19

Heleno wrote:In all seriousness, I've learnt something today -- Holland is only one hour ahead of the UK, who knew? Not me, that's who! :lolol: I, on the other hand, have absolutely nowhere to be tomorrow so I can stay awake for as long as I please. Ah, the life of a dosser has it's advantages. :tongue:

A flight from London to Amsterdam would take you approx. 45 minutes, but we do actually live in different time zones. Weird eh? :wink:

I ought to close this topic now and continue with our random chatter in the VIP so :lock:

Return to Helpdesk