Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

The Cat's Meow (2001)

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 28 Aug 2012, 13:35

The Cat's Meow (2001)

I saw that this movie with Joanna and Kirsten Dunst is going to be airing on TV here in the next week or so. Is it worth watching in and of itself? Is Joanna in it very much? Or is it one of those ones where they gave her five seconds of screentime just so they could stick her name on the poster?
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 29 Aug 2012, 22:36

Re: The Cat's Meow

I watched it aaaaages ago so I don't remember much of it to be honest. Eddie Izzard is in this one, isn't he? I really loved this part :yes: (really love the man actually...)
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 30 Aug 2012, 07:35

Same here, I watched it but forgot about her part, sorry!
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 30 Aug 2012, 13:05

Clearly it had a deep, meaningful impact on you guys, then. :lol: I might tape it and fast-forward to Joanna's part, then. Or watch it for Eddie Izzard. Thanks, guys. ^^
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 31 Aug 2012, 14:08

Haha oh yes it ddi, but I'm sure I would have remembered if it had sucked, really ;) I suppose you could always give it a go and tell us whether it was worth it or not :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 31 Aug 2012, 21:46

Mara wrote:Haha oh yes it ddi, but I'm sure I would have remembered if it had sucked, really ;) I suppose you could always give it a go and tell us whether it was worth it or not :lol:

I'm taping it, so yeah, I guess I could answer my own question, if only we had the benefit of time travel. :lmao: Hopefully it's decent and you haven't blocked it out due to horribleness. :wink:
<<

Georgia

Donkey

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 02 Sep 2012, 06:00

I quite liked it. She isn't the star of the movie, of course, but there is quite a bit of Joanna in it. I'd say it's definitely worth the watch. It helps that Eddie Izzard is in it as well. :yes:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 02 Sep 2012, 12:30

Bee wrote:I quite liked it. She isn't the star of the movie, of course, but there is quite a bit of Joanna in it. I'd say it's definitely worth the watch. It helps that Eddie Izzard is in it as well. :yes:

Thanks, Bee. ^^ I shall watch it, then. I have it recorded. :yes:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 09 Sep 2012, 20:45

I started watching this once, and then never finished and to be honest completely forgot about it. Perhaps I should give it another try :yes:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 10 Sep 2012, 17:56

Philippa wrote:I started watching this once, and then never finished and to be honest completely forgot about it. Perhaps I should give it another try :yes:

I'm watching it in bits and pieces, and I'm about halfway through. It's not scintillating or anything, but the new TV season hasn't started yet, and I need something to watch, so I'm sticking with it. :lol: Joanna's character is sort of in the periphery, outside the main action and occasionally sticking her oar in to give advice or make a snarky comment, which isn't a bad role to play. So far she's made a half-asked attempt to dance the Charleston, taken a swig straight from the bottle (Patsy would approve), and smoked something funny that made her pass out immediately (which was pretty funny). :lol: She gave a good little monologue about living in California as well. I'm going to finish it, but you could probably just fast-forward through and watch her parts. :yes:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 11 Sep 2012, 08:05

Ah yes, USA/Canada are always a bit late - desperately waiting for a couple of Showtime series to start again. :wink: BBC has already kicked off, lucky for us...

I still feel like I should give this a proper go though. I love Eddie and I love Joanna - I should be able to make it through, right? :wink:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 11 Sep 2012, 13:05

Mara wrote:Ah yes, USA/Canada are always a bit late - desperately waiting for a couple of Showtime series to start again. :wink: BBC has already kicked off, lucky for us...

I still feel like I should give this a proper go though. I love Eddie and I love Joanna - I should be able to make it through, right? :wink:

Our seasons used to start earlier, but everything's sort of shifted since the advent of the summer season. Actually, Canada's starting its stuff earlier, with a lot of premieres next week, but the US isn't doing most of its until the end of the month. Who knows why, but right now all I have for regular shows is a Canadian summer series that's ending this week, and Doctor Who. Even James May's latest show is finished. So yeah, I need new things. :lol:

Well, if you like Eddie, he's in it much more than Joanna is. It's weird because I just watched him in Treasure Island, and now he's running around with Charlie Chaplin hair. It's quite the contrast. :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 12 Sep 2012, 17:14

I've finished it now. It actually got better toward the end. Joanna's character kind of nicely brackets what goes on, serving as a sort of narrator/audience's viewpoint. Eddie Izzard and Kirsten Dunst are good as well, and I love (Canadian) Jennifer Tilly as Lolly, who's the one person to actually get something good out of the whole mess. So it might be worth giving another shot if you weren't into it the first time around. :yes:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 13 Sep 2012, 07:45

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I've finished it now. It actually got better toward the end. Joanna's character kind of nicely brackets what goes on, serving as a sort of narrator/audience's viewpoint. Eddie Izzard and Kirsten Dunst are good as well, and I love (Canadian) Jennifer Tilly as Lolly, who's the one person to actually get something good out of the whole mess. So it might be worth giving another shot if you weren't into it the first time around. :yes:

Thanks for the "report", Timeless. I might watch the movie again :thumb:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 13 Sep 2012, 13:04

LunaFive wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I've finished it now. It actually got better toward the end. Joanna's character kind of nicely brackets what goes on, serving as a sort of narrator/audience's viewpoint. Eddie Izzard and Kirsten Dunst are good as well, and I love (Canadian) Jennifer Tilly as Lolly, who's the one person to actually get something good out of the whole mess. So it might be worth giving another shot if you weren't into it the first time around. :yes:

Thanks for the "report", Timeless. I might watch the movie again :thumb:

No problem. :grin: If you do rewatch it, I hope you enjoy it. :yes:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 13 Sep 2012, 13:07

Thanks!!

Return to Other