Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

The Lion in Winter

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 29 Jan 2012, 02:14

Re: The Lion in Winter

That's it guys, it's over. Am I allowed to feel a little sad? :wink:

By the way - closing night of the play and I find out that there was actually some proper marketing going on. So typical, isn't it? :lolol: Click for Facebook and Twitter

384154_252885761434282_228926583830200_696082_948644286_n.jpg

(that's the Plantagenet Family saying goodbye to us) :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 29 Jan 2012, 02:35

Mara wrote:That's it guys, it's over. Am I allowed to feel a little sad? :wink:

By the way - closing night of the play and I find out that there was actually some proper marketing going on. So typical, isn't it? :lolol: Click for Facebook and Twitter

Awwww! That's such a lovely picture! I think I want to squish everyone in it! (Not a bad squish, a good squish.) Jo looks absolutely stunning, as per usual. :wub:

Oh but it just can't be over! I want to see it again! (Stamps feet like a three year old about to throw a temper tantrum.) It's not fair! :no:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 29 Jan 2012, 10:20

Such a lovely picture! But so sad that it's officially over now :no:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 29 Jan 2012, 13:01

Mara wrote:That's it guys, it's over. Am I allowed to feel a little sad? :wink:

Ha, at least you found out about it during the play - I knew about the Facebook page but never came across the Twitter one and since I haven't been online yesterday I found out after the play :lmao: . I think they should have put that on their homepage because that's where I looked first.

And yep, it's a little sad that the play is over :crybaby:

That photo is lovely, isn't it? :wub:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 29 Jan 2012, 14:23

These are the days that I wish I had a fortune to spend: I'd hire the cast just for us little bunch to perform and then offer them drinks afterwards. We'd have a blast. Oh imagination, you are a little teaser... :lol:

They'll probably won't delete the Twitter account straight away though: I remember the one from La Bete was still online three months after it'd finished. Perhaps they'll have some more backstage photos?
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 29 Jan 2012, 14:31

Heleno wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Oh, yes, I get you completely, dear. :hug: I'm an introvert, and I really have to be in the mood to start randomly talking to people I don't know, so when it's a celebrity, that just makes things worse. :hypnose: But the important thing is to go for it anyway--they meet so many people, the chances of them remembering you if you make an idiot of yourself are pretty low. :lol:

That is so very true; it's basically my life's mantra, and not just when dealing with celebrities! 'Don't worry Helen. Yes, you just asked that man for the Timex instead of the time and made yourself look like a complete fool, but this is London! He'll forget he ever met you in ten minutes.' :lolol:

Ha, ha, exactly. :lol: People have lives, and little time to dwell on your social faux pas. Anyway, you got through it with nothing disastorous happening, so it's all good. :thumb:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 29 Jan 2012, 14:42

Mara wrote:These are the days that I wish I had a fortune to spend: I'd hire the cast just for us little bunch to perform and then offer them drinks afterwards. We'd have a blast. Oh imagination, you are a little teaser... :lol:

They'll probably won't delete the Twitter account straight away though: I remember the one from La Bete was still online three months after it'd finished. Perhaps they'll have some more backstage photos?

Oh that would have been lovely, a performance just for us and a little Bolli after that :wub: you're too generous, Maartje !

Let's hope that they will post at least a few pix from the wrap party. I was happy that they at least put some nice photos from rehearsal into the programme.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 29 Jan 2012, 15:06

LunaFive wrote:Oh that would have been lovely, a performance just for us and a little Bolli after that :wub: you're too generous, Maartje !

Let's hope that they will post at least a few pix from the wrap party. I was happy that they at least put some nice photos from rehearsal into the programme.

Well, my imagination figured that seeing it alone wouldn't, by far, be as much fun as seeing it with people who adore Joanna as much as I do, so.. :whistle:

Perhaps we should ask Jamie if he (or someone else) took any photos? I'd love to see some :yes:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 30 Jan 2012, 08:21

Mara wrote:
LunaFive wrote:Oh that would have been lovely, a performance just for us and a little Bolli after that :wub: you're too generous, Maartje !

Well, my imagination figured that seeing it alone wouldn't, by far, be as much fun as seeing it with people who adore Joanna as much as I do, so.. :whistle:

Perhaps we should ask Jamie if he (or someone else) took any photos? I'd love to see some :yes:

do you think we could do that? I would love to see some photos, too and since Jamie is a photographer, I assume that if he took some, they would have turned out okay :thumb:
<<

Philippa

Post 30 Jan 2012, 09:25

I wouldn't be surprised if Jamie had some photos of the play/the cast. He is a photographer after all :yes:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 30 Jan 2012, 11:35

LunaFive wrote:Do you think we could do that? I would love to see some photos, too and since Jamie is a photographer, I assume that if he took some, they would have turned out okay :thumb:

Haha well we've bothered him with so many questions and tweets already, I doubt if he minds. :wink: :lol:

By the way, I've found a blog post by a guy who checked the script for historical inaccuracy, something I thought might be interesting: http://tinyurl.com/6wapw9q
<<

Philippa

Post 30 Jan 2012, 12:00

^That was an interesting read!

I actually quite liked some of the modern day elements such as the Christmas tree, if only because it's funny and so blatantly historically inaccurate :lol:

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 30 Jan 2012, 12:48

Philippa wrote:I actually quite liked some of the modern day elements such as the Christmas tree, if only because it's funny and so blatantly historically inaccurate :lol:

Haha yes, the tree and the presents: so blatantly inaccurate that it was actually quite funny. (they left out 'syphilis' too haha, Patsy would have approved) :lol:

That's why I enjoyed Alison Weir's novel really, she tries to get the details right and sneaks in Old English words.
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 30 Jan 2012, 13:34

Oh that looks interesting, I will give it a read!
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 10 Oct 2012, 09:12

Joanna, Robert Lindsay and Trevor Nunn have all been nominated for an award for the Lion in Winter! You can vote here ^^

Edit: I see Tom Bateman has been nominated as well (best featured actor). He played the eldest son, didn't he?
<<

Philippa

Post 11 Oct 2012, 22:06

Oh brilliant! Gonna vote right now ^^

Edit:
I see Una Stubbs is nominated for The Curious Incident..but no nomination for Nicola Walker. BOO :yuck:

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 13 Oct 2012, 14:41

Philippa wrote:I see Una Stubbs is nominated for The Curious Incident..but no nomination for Nicola Walker. BOO :yuck:

How did I just know you were going to post this? :whistle:
<<

Philippa

Post 13 Oct 2012, 20:12

Mara wrote:
Philippa wrote:I see Una Stubbs is nominated for The Curious Incident..but no nomination for Nicola Walker. BOO :yuck:

How did I just know you were going to post this? :whistle:

Because I'm just that predictable perhaps? :whistle:

<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 15 Oct 2012, 07:19

Fantastic, I just did my voting!
Previous

Return to Other