Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

AbFab Olympics Special

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 30 Jul 2012, 13:28

Re: AbFab Olympics Special

Mara wrote:Haha yes, the Orange juice boxes - that's us! Did you spot our crown prince and his wife in the audience? :wink:

I'm not really much of a sports person either Britta, but the opening ceremony is always pretty impressive. I have to admit the first hour was a little boring, but the whole Bond meets Queen and musical variety was pretty amazing. :yes:

Ha, ha, is that what you call your guys? :lol: The orange is very eye-catching, though--it's not a colour used a lot in the Olympics. And yes, I did see the crown prince and his wife waving away and looking quite enthusiastic. We had the Governor-General and his wife there. :lol: They should hang out. :wink:

I'm not hugely into sports, either, but I really enjoy the Olympics--they're fun to have on all the time and keep an eye on. And the bit with Bond and the Queen nearly killed me it was so brilliant. Bond and Corgis--genius! :lmao:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 31 Jul 2012, 05:22

Mara wrote:Haha yes, the Orange juice boxes - that's us! Did you spot our crown prince and his wife in the audience? :wink:

I'm not really much of a sports person either Britta, but the opening ceremony is always pretty impressive. I have to admit the first hour was a little boring, but the whole Bond meets Queen and musical variety was pretty amazing. :yes:

I saw the Bond clip the next day, I never thought the Queen would do such a thing, it was just hilarious! But still, I couldn't have watched the whole thing :no:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 31 Jul 2012, 10:00

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Ha, ha, is that what you call your guys? :lol: The orange is very eye-catching, though--it's not a colour used a lot in the Olympics. And yes, I did see the crown prince and his wife waving away and looking quite enthusiastic. We had the Governor-General and his wife there. :lol: They should hang out. :wink:

Haha no, but that's what they reminded me of. If you thought British royalty was fun, have a look at our Prince and his family supporting the Dutch athletes: click (this made me laugh out loud). Did you know his wife is actually from Argentine, but one of the most popular members of the royal family here?

To be honest, I only watch the stuff the Netherlands are really good at, like swimming and bike racing. One of our female athletes won a gold medaille the other day, that was kind of exciting. :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 31 Jul 2012, 13:28

Mara wrote:Haha no, but that's what they reminded me of. If you thought British royalty was fun, have a look at our Prince and his family supporting the Dutch athletes: click (this made me laugh out loud). Did you know his wife is actually from Argentine, but one of the most popular members of the royal family here?

To be honest, I only watch the stuff the Netherlands are really good at, like swimming and bike racing. One of our female athletes won a gold medaille the other day, that was kind of exciting. :lol:

Well, they're enthusiastic, aren't they? :lol: I didn't know the princess was Argentinian, no, but she seems to have settled in pretty well considering how much she's jumping around for your athletes--I can see why she's popular. :yes:

I watch whatever CTV covers, often Canadian stuff, but not always. I saw the British men's gymnastics team win a medal for the first time in a century, which was pretty cool, even if they got bumped from a silver to bronze because the Japanese team asked for a review. :roll:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 07 Aug 2012, 05:23

Am I the only one who already received the AbFab DVD? I am hugely disappointed that there are no bloopers on it :cry: but I like the "Behind the scenes" from the Comic Relief special since I haven't been able to watch it online.
And I like the fact that there are subtitles as there's always something I don't get without it, I think I'm on for a complete re-watch tonight! :dance:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 08 Aug 2012, 19:44

You got it already? That's pretty quick! I didn't pre-order it (figure I might order a whole bunch of stuff by the time it comes out) so I didn't receive it. No bloopers? Shame...
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 09 Aug 2012, 06:34

Mara wrote:You got it already? That's pretty quick! I didn't pre-order it (figure I might order a whole bunch of stuff by the time it comes out) so I didn't receive it. No bloopers? Shame...

Yeah, I already got it, it was very quick, it took only a few days to arrive. So you still haven't ordered it? :unsure: Yeah, it's really a shame that there are no bloopers, I would have loved to see another "f-blooper" from Joanna :lmao:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 13 Oct 2012, 11:08

I still need to get the DVD as well (my AbFab collection has to remain complete), but I'm very disappointed that there aren't any bloopers. What's an AbFab DVD without outtakes?

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 15 Oct 2012, 07:20

Philippa wrote:I still need to get the DVD as well (my AbFab collection has to remain complete), but I'm very disappointed that there aren't any bloopers. What's an AbFab DVD without outtakes?

I couldn't agree with you more, Philippa. I think it's sad that there are no bloopers on it. It's not the same without...
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 15 Oct 2012, 23:40

The outtakes are even better than the actual episodes sometimes. Such a shame indeed...
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 17 Oct 2012, 10:25

Mara wrote:The outtakes are even better than the actual episodes sometimes. Such a shame indeed...

I didn't dare to write that but I do soooo agree with you, Mara!
Previous

Return to Absolutely Fabulous