Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Joanna Lumley's Greek Odyssey

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 23 Apr 2012, 13:15

Re: Joanna Lumley's Greek Odyssey

We're finally getting this in May! :hyper: Quite looking forward to it, though I confess I don't remember how many episodes it ran for--can anyone jog my memory? :huh:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 24 Apr 2012, 06:22

Timeless A-Peel wrote:We're finally getting this in May! :hyper: Quite looking forward to it, though I confess I don't remember how many episodes it ran for--can anyone jog my memory? :huh:

Oh that's great news, I'm glad you're able to watch it. It had 4 episodes, I just re-watched the DVD.
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 24 Apr 2012, 13:53

LunaFive wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:We're finally getting this in May! :hyper: Quite looking forward to it, though I confess I don't remember how many episodes it ran for--can anyone jog my memory? :huh:

Oh that's great news, I'm glad you're able to watch it. It had 4 episodes, I just re-watched the DVD.

Oh, goodie, I thought there were only two! :hyper: I look forward to it. :yes:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 25 Apr 2012, 07:18

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
LunaFive wrote:

Nope, you can enjoy 4 episodes at about 45 minutes each!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 25 Apr 2012, 13:16

LunaFive wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
LunaFive wrote:Oh that's great news, I'm glad you're able to watch it. It had 4 episodes, I just re-watched the DVD.

Nope, you can enjoy 4 episodes at about 45 minutes each!

Lovely. A whole month of Joanna goodness, then. :thumb:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 01 May 2012, 08:34

I hope you'll enjoy the documentary, Timeless. I'm a bit biased because I love Greece, but I really adored it :wub:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 01 May 2012, 13:30

Philippa wrote:I hope you'll enjoy the documentary, Timeless. I'm a bit biased because I love Greece, but I really adored it :wub:

I'm sure I will. It looks really interesting. It starts this weekend, I think, so I'll know soon enough. ^^
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 06 May 2012, 13:42

I've seen the first episode now, and I'm really enjoying it. Poor Joanna, though--how is it that a woman who suffers from terrible vertigo ends up having to do things way up high in most of her programs--Class Act, TNA, AbFab, and now this one, where she goes up to view some restoration work. She handles it pretty well, but it's like the universe conspires against her whenever she does a show. :lol:

Also loved the bit near the end where she was imitating the Oracle of Delphi speaking in tongues. I think that must be the most hilarious thing I've seen her do in ages. :lmao:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 06 May 2012, 16:02

Haha, I'm so glad you finally get to see this, Timeless. :yes: Brave, fearless Joanna though, I hadn't even thought about that. :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 07 May 2012, 13:17

Mara wrote:Haha, I'm so glad you finally get to see this, Timeless. :yes: Brave, fearless Joanna though, I hadn't even thought about that. :lol:

I always remember her vertigo because she talked about it so much in relation to TNA, which always had her running around on rooftops and such. So every time she goes up somewhere, I always think, "Not again!" :lol: She even said on the episode that she suffers from vertigo and was trying desperately not to look down: "I'm doing it for you, viewers, because I love you so much." The sacrifices she makes. :wink:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 08 May 2012, 07:38

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Mara wrote:Haha, I'm so glad you finally get to see this, Timeless. :yes: Brave, fearless Joanna though, I hadn't even thought about that. :lol:

I always remember her vertigo because she talked about it so much in relation to TNA, which always had her running around on rooftops and such. So every time she goes up somewhere, I always think, "Not again!" :lol: She even said on the episode that she suffers from vertigo and was trying desperately not to look down: "I'm doing it for you, viewers, because I love you so much." The sacrifices she makes. :wink:

Oh yes, she's brave, isn't she? She also said that they wanted her to go up that one mountain again but she refused because her heart was already ponding why up too high so I really appreciate what she did. I have a similar problem: going up is fine but going down terrifies me, so I think I know a bit how she feels.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 08 May 2012, 13:16

LunaFive wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:

Oh yes, she's brave, isn't she? She also said that they wanted her to go up that one mountain again but she refused because her heart was already ponding why up too high so I really appreciate what she did. I have a similar problem: going up is fine but going down terrifies me, so I think I know a bit how she feels.

Does she go up the mountain in a later episode? Either that or I missed that part. :lol: But she must be suffering every time she does one of these things, regardless if she mentions it or not. She's stayed consistent over the years. :yes:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 09 May 2012, 05:44

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Does she go up the mountain in a later episode? Either that or I missed that part. :lol: But she must be suffering every time she does one of these things, regardless if she mentions it or not. She's stayed consistent over the years. :yes:

I am not sure, I think the meant being up on that Acropolis mountain was an experience she didn't want to have twice!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 09 May 2012, 13:13

LunaFive wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Does she go up the mountain in a later episode? Either that or I missed that part. :lol: But she must be suffering every time she does one of these things, regardless if she mentions it or not. She's stayed consistent over the years. :yes:

I am not sure, I think the meant being up on that Acropolis mountain was an experience she didn't want to have twice!

Maybe. I hope they don`t keep making her do stuff like that all through the show. :lol: I`ll keep my ears open, though. ^^
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 09 May 2012, 13:20

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
LunaFive wrote:

Maybe. I hope they don`t keep making her do stuff like that all through the show. :lol: I`ll keep my ears open, though. ^^

No, she's pretty safe for the rest of the trip :wink:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 09 May 2012, 22:22

LunaFive wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
LunaFive wrote:I am not sure, I think the meant being up on that Acropolis mountain was an experience she didn't want to have twice!

No, she's pretty safe for the rest of the trip :wink:

Good to know--I didn't want her to pass out at the top of another high building or something. :lol:
<<

Philippa

Post 22 Sep 2012, 12:27

Greek Odyssey has been longlisted for the National Television Awards 2013. Vote here :grin:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 22 Sep 2012, 19:28

Philippa wrote:Greek Odyssey has been longlisted for the National Television Awards 2013. Vote here :grin:

Haha, I just came here to post that. You can vote for AbFab as well! :whistle:
<<

Georgia

Donkey

Post 23 Sep 2012, 02:47

I voted for both this morning. :yes:

Congrats to Jen & Jo. :cheers:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 15 Oct 2012, 07:23

Too bad, voting time is already over.
<<

Philippa

Post 15 Oct 2012, 16:33

Well let's hope she makes the shortlist, then we can vote for her again :grin:

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 20 Oct 2012, 09:19

I don't think she's ever won a NTA for one of her documentaries, hasn't she? David Attenborough and Stephen Fry keep getting in her way :lol:
<<

Philippa

Post 20 Oct 2012, 09:47

Haha yes. A few years back she was nominated for the Northern Lights as well, but Stephen Fry in America won that time.

Previous

Return to Documentaries