Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

The Tale of Sweeney Todd (1997)

<<

hms1001

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 22 Oct 2012, 19:52

The Tale of Sweeney Todd (1997)

Has anyone else seen The Tale of Sweeney Todd (1997) with Joanna as Mrs. Lovette? I saw it on cable tv in the USA on one of the (pay) movie channels a few weeks ago and I thought she was wonderful as Mrs. Lovette. She's now my favorite version of Mrs. Lovette along with Angela Lansbury in the Stephen Sondheim musical version. :grin:

The IMDB page on it.

Code:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0147582/
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 22 Oct 2012, 20:06

Re: The Tale of Sweeney Todd (1997)

I've been meaning to watch this one for years now (yes, literally years), but I'm ashamed to say that I still haven't seen it. But I'm glad to hear that it's good! :yes:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 23 Oct 2012, 22:35

Haha yes, I've seen it and it's good fun. Jo looks so hideous that it's almost a joke. I've always loved Sweeney Todd though, I'm dying to see the West End production that is on now...
<<

BellaVida

Target

Post 25 Oct 2012, 00:41

Oh My gosh!! I'll never forget when I was in HS and we did this play (yes, my highschool was strange, I know) and my "director" told the girl "YOU have to be a JOANNA Lumley, it... it just doesn't work for anyone else!" That comment caused me to watch it! I haven't watched in in YEARS. SO what am I going to do tonight? hehe. You guys have the best forums!! :dance:

"I find it a great antidote... lipstick and mirrors and hairspray." ~ Joanna Lumley

Return to Other