Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Making of a Lady

<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 27 Aug 2012, 22:32

Making of a Lady

New TV movie with Joanna is scheduled for later this year! Thank you ITV :dance:
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 28 Aug 2012, 05:27

Re: Making of a Lady

Y E S ! Great news! :dance:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Georgia

User avatar

Donkey

Posts: 84

Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 17:49

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 02 Sep 2012, 06:18

Re: Making of a Lady

Can't wait! I just read the synopsis of the show...it sounds like it is going to be pretty good!
Image
<<

Philippa

User avatar

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Posts: 7888

Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 23:16

Location: Edinburgh

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 09 Sep 2012, 20:44

Re: Making of a Lady

Yes I just saw this added to Joanna's IMDb list. Exciting :dance:
Image

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 09 Sep 2012, 21:57

Re: Making of a Lady

Philippa wrote:Yes I just saw this added to Joanna's IMDb list. Exciting :dance:


I haven't checked, but please don't tell me her name was at the bottom of the cast list? It's been quite a while since she was given a big role :wink: (except for the AbFab specials, of course...)
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 10 Sep 2012, 10:23

Re: Making of a Lady

Her name is on the second place so maybe.... :dance:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 10 Sep 2012, 17:51

Re: Making of a Lady

Joanna looks to be one of the main characters, so hopefully she'll feature a fair bit. Here's an article with some pictures of her wandering around set:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... drama.html

From that article, I think her role sounds pretty substantial. :yes:
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 11 Sep 2012, 07:58

Re: Making of a Lady

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Joanna looks to be one of the main characters, so hopefully she'll feature a fair bit. Here's an article with some pictures of her wandering around set:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... drama.html

From that article, I think her role sounds pretty substantial. :yes:


Oh what a great find, Timless! She looks to different with the grey hair and this hairstyle. I am looking forward to see the series. Let's hope they will establish a homepage with more informations about the show one day.
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 11 Sep 2012, 08:02

Re: Making of a Lady

Wow, she looks so.. different. Not much of a glam role, is it? :lol: It will be really nice to see her in a costume drama for once (which I'm guessing this is) - it's certainly a difference. ^^
<<

Timeless A-Peel

User avatar

Gambit's Companion

Posts: 8895

Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 06:38

Location: New Scotland, Canada

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 11 Sep 2012, 13:10

Re: Making of a Lady

LunaFive wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Joanna looks to be one of the main characters, so hopefully she'll feature a fair bit. Here's an article with some pictures of her wandering around set:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... drama.html

From that article, I think her role sounds pretty substantial. :yes:


Oh what a great find, Timless! She looks to different with the grey hair and this hairstyle. I am looking forward to see the series. Let's hope they will establish a homepage with more informations about the show one day.


You're very welcome! :grin: It was posted on the Avengers forum, so I thought I'd bring it over here. It definitely isn't her glamest role, but Joanna's never been too worried about looking unglam for a part, has she? :wink: I'm sure they'll have more information about it before it airs. :yes:
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 11 Sep 2012, 17:29

Re: Making of a Lady

I sure hope so, it would be a shame, not to give out more informations! And I agree with you, Joanna is so down to earth, she doesn't mind if she does not wear all make up and a top dress. Best example is "Up in Town", isn't it? :thumb:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Georgia

User avatar

Donkey

Posts: 84

Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 17:49

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 12 Sep 2012, 08:07

Re: Making of a Lady

Thanks for the link. I'm getting very excited to see this. I do hope she will play a big part...the more Joanna the better. :yes:
Image
<<

Philippa

User avatar

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Posts: 7888

Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 23:16

Location: Edinburgh

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 12 Sep 2012, 15:46

Re: Making of a Lady

This sounds really interesting, thanks for the link Timeless! I've got a soft spot for costume dramas, so well done Joanna! The grey hair will take some getting used to though :lol:
Image

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 17 Dec 2012, 14:51

Re: Making of a Lady

It was on yesterday! Anybody seen it? Fingers crossed for a download. :shock:
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 17 Dec 2012, 17:03

Re: Making of a Lady

Mara wrote:It was on yesterday! Anybody seen it? Fingers crossed for a download. :shock:


not yet, I did download it and I think I will watch it tomorrow. Today is Dexter day as my colleague and I will need to discuss the last episode tomorrow (which is my last day of work for 2012). I only skipped and took a look, Joanna looked very... different without her usual makeup.
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

User avatar

Top Dog

Posts: 8647

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 14:59

Location: Amsterdam

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 17 Dec 2012, 17:10

Re: Making of a Lady

LunaFive wrote: Today is Dexter day as my colleague and I will need to discuss the last episode tomorrow (which is my last day of work for 2012).


Same here! :cheers: Make that Dexter/Homeland day, although I'm not quite sure whether I can deal with two show's finales on the same day...
<<

Philippa

User avatar

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Posts: 7888

Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 23:16

Location: Edinburgh

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 17 Dec 2012, 18:13

Re: Making of a Lady

I couldn't watch it, because of course at night the wind starts blowing like mad over here, and then our satellite dish stops working :roll:
Image

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

LunaFive

User avatar

Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 2673

Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 11:49

Post 18 Dec 2012, 07:35

Re: Making of a Lady

Mara wrote:
LunaFive wrote: Today is Dexter day as my colleague and I will need to discuss the last episode tomorrow (which is my last day of work for 2012).


Same here! :cheers: Make that Dexter/Homeland day, although I'm not quite sure whether I can deal with two show's finales on the same day...


Cheers to Dexter although I am still not quite sure what I should think about this episode....

Anyway, I had enough time to watch the Making of a Lady and although Joanna's role wasn't the biggest, it was fun to watch. It reminded me on the Uptown Abbey Spoof as she was wearing this wig and had nearly no makeup on (or at least not the way we use to see her normally). The movie was okay, although the house it was playing it was pretty dark and I was wondering if old English houses really looked like that in that time period. Scary! :huh:
*Listen to the song of life*

Return to Other

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron

Hosted by © 2017 FreeForums.org | Create a free forum | Powered by phpBB
About FreeForums | Legal | Advertise Here | Investors | Contact FreeForums.org
Report Violation
suspicion-preferred