Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

French and Saunders

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 19 Apr 2011, 18:04

Re: French and Saunders

No doubt following on from those Christmas specials, French and Saunders will be back on Radio 2 this Good Friday for a two hour show. Just letting you guys know:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b010dn0g
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 19 Apr 2011, 23:20

Timeless A-Peel wrote:No doubt following on from those Christmas specials, French and Saunders will be back on Radio 2 this Good Friday for a two hour show. Just letting you guys know:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b010dn0g

So I've heard. :wink: Their radio shows are fabulous so it's good to have them back together again, chattering away on radio. It will be good. ^^
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 20 Apr 2011, 09:11

And of course I'll be at work then, bloody typical :doubt:
At least I'll be able to iPlayer it afterwards.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 06 Nov 2011, 18:50

Look at Dawn's new look!

Her body looks amazing but I'm not sure about her face though.. The weight loss is almost scary. :confused:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 06 Nov 2011, 21:08

Mara wrote:Look at Dawn's new look!

Her body looks amazing but I'm not sure about her face though.. The weight loss is almost scary. :confused:

Wow, the really lost a lot of weight. But she looks nice, I'd say!
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 06 Nov 2011, 21:24

I think she looks pretty good, actually. Whenever people lose weight, they look older because all the wrinkles and such aren't filled in. But Dawn has always had a lovely face, and I think the weight loss hasn't hurt it at all. :happy:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 06 Nov 2011, 22:24

I wonder how many stones/kilos she actually lost. But you are right though Timeless: she looks a little older because of the weight loss in her face. She looks happy and healthy though, I think she should have done this ages ago...
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 07 Nov 2011, 23:41

Mara wrote:I wonder how many stones/kilos she actually lost. But you are right though Timeless: she looks a little older because of the weight loss in her face. She looks happy and healthy though, I think she should have done this ages ago...

A little older, but not much--I've seen people look way older from weight loss, but she hasn't done bad at all. And she definitely looks heappy and healthy. I'm glad for her--everytime I used to watch her on Graham or something, I'd spend the whole time worrying about her health. So I'm happy she's chosen to work on it. It upsets me when people get too skinny, too, so I definitely don't want her to go too far the other way, either. But just a nice healthy weight is good. I wish her all the best. ^^
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Post 08 Nov 2011, 20:49

I've only seen one pic of her, but I thought she looked younger. She looks younger than me anyway and she's three years older.

Rigg gives up the fags, Dawn French loses weight. All good news!
<<

Philippa

Post 19 Nov 2011, 17:18

Dawn looks absolutely amazing! I think it's really good that she's made some lifestyle changes, and it has definitely paid off :grin:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 03 Jan 2012, 09:27

Is there by any chance anyone who taped the French & Saunders radio show with Michael Palin and Tracey Emin? My friend forgot to set her recorder and since I could listen to it but not tape it, I'd thought I'd ask if someone could help me out here? Thank you!!! :wave:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Post 08 Dec 2012, 00:38

Dawn French sang (and has a comedy meltdown) with Gary Barlow and Tulisa and Nicole Scherzinger from the UK X Factor.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 08 Dec 2012, 21:09

Avengerdan wrote:Dawn French sang (and has a comedy meltdown) with Gary Barlow and Tulisa and Nicole Scherzinger from the UK X Factor.

Haha :lol: She's such a clown... Thanks for that! I don't watch the X-Factor (not even the Dutch edition) so I wouldn't have know otherwise!
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Post 14 Dec 2012, 01:25

I've since found out it's not from the X Factor but from a forthcoming Gary Barlow special on ITV, so you'll be able to see a professional transmitted version of it over Christmas I imagine.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 14 Mar 2013, 20:12

I got a kick out of this, and thought you guys might, too. French & Saunders are taking over Radio 2 for Comic Relief, and they've done a little video where they try to identify Radio 2 presenters, and get them all (intentionally) wrong. I'm a regular listener now, so I know them all, and it's pretty funny to see them IDing Jeremy Vine as Jeremy Kyle. I'm sure he'd be thrilled. :lmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NQczAe ... r_embedded
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 14 Mar 2013, 22:14

Haha thanks Timeless! I knew they were doing something voor CR on the radio but I haven't had the time to listen to the show yet. Sounds hilarious :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 15 Mar 2013, 17:52

Mara wrote:Haha thanks Timeless! I knew they were doing something voor CR on the radio but I haven't had the time to listen to the show yet. Sounds hilarious :lol:

I'm listening to them right now, actually--they're quizzing Tim Smith from Steve Wright in the Afternoon. :lol: Glad you got a kick out of it. ^^
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 16 Mar 2013, 13:35

They did something for the telliovision too - turned up as bridesmaids and they ended up kissing each other (and Miranda Hart) :lolol:

Edit: the clip can be found here.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 17 Mar 2013, 13:52

Ah, yeah, I was hearing live updates of this while I was listening to Radio 2. A woman got married for Comic Relief, and they were bridesmaids. They kept describing the bridesmaid dresses, but I hadn't seen them until now. They're as bad as I imagined. :lmao: Well done, ladies. :lol:
<<

BellaGuillietta

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Post 12 Apr 2013, 01:43

Timeless A-Peel wrote: A woman got married for Comic Relief, and they were bridesmaids. They kept describing the bridesmaid dresses, but I hadn't seen them until now. They're as bad as I imagined. :lmao: Well done, ladies. :lol:

Oh my lawrd. Those dresses were fabulous!! You wouldn't wear those at your wedding?? :whistle:
<<

Philippa

Post 12 Apr 2013, 10:06

Yes they are pretty fabulous, aren't they? :lmao:

<<

BellaGuillietta

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Post 12 Apr 2013, 18:09

Philippa wrote:Yes they are pretty fabulous, aren't they? :lmao:

Oh yes, I often walk around with goldish/yellowish and red balls on my head! :whistle: Trying to make a fashion statement... not sure it's the one I WANT to make, but still.
Previous

Return to Absolutely Fabulous