Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Joanna on The Culture Show - BBC Two

<<

Katie_Stone

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 01 Aug 2013, 19:08

Joanna on The Culture Show - BBC Two

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post a new topic. If it isn't, I am really sorry.

Joanna appeared in last night's episode (31/07/13) of The Culture Show on BBC Two. :happy:
This episode was based around Thomas Heatherwick, who is working closely with Joanna as she has come up with an idea of a bridge going across the River Thames which would be a sort of garden which is also a bridge.

Here's a link to the show on BBC iPlayer - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... atherwick/
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 02 Aug 2013, 09:50

Re: Joanna on The Culture Show - BBC Two

Is there any chance that someone might down and upload it somewhere? This player won't work in my region :cry:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 03 Aug 2013, 10:43

Thanks for the info Katie! Let's hope someone in the UK can find a way to download it for us unfortunate ones without access to iPlayer.

And I adore your avatar :hearteyes:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 04 Aug 2013, 23:33

I'm watching this as we speak (with a little help from bestukvpn.com) but the download option is not available for this programme. :no:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 04 Aug 2013, 23:50

I've done some capping for you - I actually love doing screencaps of Joanna's face because she's so expressive and you end up with shots like this one:

Anyway, you can find the album with caps here :thumb:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 05 Aug 2013, 12:31

Mara wrote:I've done some capping for you - I actually love doing screencaps of Joanna's face because she's so expressive and you end up with shots like this one:

Anyway, you can find the album with caps here :thumb:

Thanks for the caps, now I really want to see it even more :wink: She's really expressive and it makes me realize how badly she needs to do another play in London soon as I miss meeting her :wub:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 05 Aug 2013, 21:34

I recognise that hand gesture. I can even make a guess as to what she's talking about by it. I've been watching things with Joanna in them for too long. :lol:

Thanks for the caps, Maartje. :hug: The bangs really are Purdeyish, aren't they? :hypnose:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 06 Aug 2013, 10:30

LunaFive wrote:She's really expressive and it makes me realize how badly she needs to do another play in London soon as I miss meeting her :wub:

Ah yes, couldn't agree more ^^

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I recognise that hand gesture. I can even make a guess as to what she's talking about by it. I've been watching things with Joanna in them for too long. :lol:

My thoughts exactly! You can definitely tell whenever she feels passionate about something.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 06 Aug 2013, 13:09

Mara wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I recognise that hand gesture. I can even make a guess as to what she's talking about by it. I've been watching things with Joanna in them for too long. :lol:

My thoughts exactly! You can definitely tell when she feels passionate about something.

Definitely. She's quite a demonstrative speaker. I'm reminded of when she joked about waving her hands around on Russell Harty's show in 1976, instead of keeping them in her lap. :lol:

Return to Other