Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Box sets

<<

Becky

Obsession

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 22 Aug 2011, 05:24

Box sets

Will they have to be re-made after the new season/episodes?

Like the box set 'Absolutely Everything' and 'The Complete DVD set'?
They aren't exactly 'complete' now :unsure:
<<

joannafrenchfan

Target

Post 22 Aug 2011, 07:12

Re: Just a thought about the AB FAB box sets

Becky wrote:Will they have to be re-made after the new season/episodes?

Like the box set 'Absolutely Everything' and 'The Complete DVD set'?
They aren't exactly 'complete' now :unsure:

I hadn't thought about that >.< But yes, I hope they make a new box set, and I would say that we shouldn't rule out the possibility. I haven't had the chance to buy the AbFab DVDs (shameful, I know) so if they come up with new ones, I will definitely buy them! I guess we just have to wait for the episodes to air on television, then we'll see if they announce something. If the ratings are great -- and I'm sure they will -- perhaps they will bother to release a new DVD set...
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 22 Aug 2011, 15:47

Could be! I have the purple (this one: click) but it's completely worn out so I've been looking for an excuse to buy a new set. :whistle: One for every house, perhaps?
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 25 Aug 2011, 21:47

The so-called "complete" set isn't complete anyway because it doesn't contain White Box I believe. So it would be great if they released a new boxset. Preferably without any specials missing or anything :lol:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 25 Aug 2011, 22:51

Philippa wrote:The so-called "complete" set isn't complete anyway because it doesn't contain White Box I believe.

It doesn't contain White Box and The Last Shout so it's not complete at all. :lol: If you don't have a set yet, wait for the new box to come out. The specials were released in some countries only and they're very expensive to get.
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 26 Aug 2011, 18:51

The newest one, released in the UK this year with a grey quilted cover contains White Box and The Last Shout, so it will be no longer complete! I believe that they will release the new episodes on a special collector's DVD.
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 10 Aug 2013, 10:21

Re: Box sets

They announced a new box set of the complete series in the US, if someone is interested:

Absolutely Fabulous - 'The Complete Series: Special Edition' DVD Set for 'AbFab'

No package art yet for this early November release
In an early alert to retailers, distributor Warner Home Video has informed that BBC Home Entertainment is planning a November 5th release of Absolutely Fabulous - The Complete Series: Special Edition. Cost will be $158.72 SRP for a 10-DVD set with all 5 regular series (seasons), the 3 Specials from the 25th Anniversary (a.k.a., "Series 6"), "The Last Shout, Parts 1 and 2" and the "New York Special." There's also this list of special features:
Outtakes for Series 1-5
An exclusive interview between legendary BBC Comedy producer John Plowman and actress June Whitfield (Mother/Gran)
Christmas Specials
Newly recorded introductions to bonus content with John Plowman

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/18825#ixzz2bYYhY4xZ
*Listen to the song of life*

Return to Absolutely Fabulous