Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Fashion

<<

martyoreen

Sweetie Darling

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 11 Jan 2014, 02:29

Re: Fashion

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
martyoreen wrote:Why wasn't Gambit comfortable with it ? Confess :lol: Purdey's outfit in Lion and the Unicorn certainly has a few who would take it out of her wardrobe :thumb:

There's no big story behind it--he just wasn't keen on it for the same reasons as Joanna. Gareth was always a bit bemused by the sex symbol thing, too--he didn't think he was classically good-looking, and pointed out his broken nose. Which only serves to make him more attractive, in my view. :lol:

Classically good looking...Sex symbol thing are so very subjective ...and could never understand why one would complain about being considered either or both ...doesn't mean you cant be a brilliant actor/actress as well :yes: Gambits broken nose making him more attractive to you shows how subjective they are :thumb:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 11 Jan 2014, 14:25

martyoreen wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
martyoreen wrote:Why wasn't Gambit comfortable with it ? Confess :lol: Purdey's outfit in Lion and the Unicorn certainly has a few who would take it out of her wardrobe :thumb:

There's no big story behind it--he just wasn't keen on it for the same reasons as Joanna. Gareth was always a bit bemused by the sex symbol thing, too--he didn't think he was classically good-looking, and pointed out his broken nose. Which only serves to make him more attractive, in my view. :lol:

Classically good looking...Sex symbol thing are so very subjective ...and could never understand why one would complain about being considered either or both ...doesn't mean you cant be a brilliant actor/actress as well :yes: Gambits broken nose making him more attractive to you shows how subjective they are :thumb:

Gareth wasn't complaining about it--he just never thought of himself that way, so he was bemused by it when it suddenly became a thing. Naturally, saying you don't think you look like a sex symbol only serves to make you more attractive. :wink: But it is a very subjective thing, I agree.
<<

martyoreen

Sweetie Darling

Post 12 Jan 2014, 02:31

'Naturally saying...' How does this serve to make you more attractive ? ...Never worked for me :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 12 Jan 2014, 14:21

martyoreen wrote:'Naturally saying...' How does this serve to make you more attractive ? ...Never worked for me :lol:

It signifies a level of humility, and that he wasn't buying into the hype. Gareth was never arrogant, which was one of his (many) charms.
<<

martyoreen

Sweetie Darling

Post 16 Jan 2014, 03:27

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
martyoreen wrote:'Naturally saying...' How does this serve to make you more attractive ? ...Never worked for me :lol:

It signifies a level of humility, and that he wasn't buying into the hype. Gareth was never arrogant, which was one of his (many) charms.

Certainly ...humility in Gareths case :thumb: ...but cringeworthy in many cases !
Previous

Return to The New Avengers