Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

The characters

So who is your favourite?

Kate Swift
50%
Jack Booker
25%
Gloria O'Grady
25%

Total votes : 4
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 30 Jan 2012, 00:59

The characters

This board has been here for ages, and we've barely posted here. With so many Class Act fans, we ought to change that so let's talk about the characters! Who's your favourite and who isn't?

7953338.jpg

With Kate, I think you can't completely help both hating and loveing her at the same time. I've always felt she's the woman Patsy would have loved to be: classy, lots of money and a servant. :lol: She's also very lonely though, but just too stubborn and proud to admit it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 30 Jan 2012, 14:19

Re: The characters

I voted for Jack, but really, I love all the characters. Jack stands out for me, though, because he's the classic underdog, a good man who's taken some bad turns, but is essentially decent, and could probably make something of himself with the right tools. The episode where he thinks he has a son is one of my favourites for that reason--with a kid, he feels like he could actually do something with his life. It's quite sweet. :wub:

Kate's brilliant as well, of course. She's bitchy and selfish, but when it comes right down to it, she's been screwed around very badly by a jerk of a husband, who she genuinely seemed to love, and she's quite vulnerable--you get the sense she really would be at a loss without Jack and Gloria. There's also hope she could change, just a bit, and be a little more kind to others.

Gloria's all no-nonsense swagger, of course, with enough gumption and practicality for the three of them. She's almost the mother hen of the group, despite her young age. I love her for her endless moxie, and ability to stand up to Kate and give as good as she gets. Really, you couldn't do the show without any of them. :yes:
<<

martyoreen

Sweetie Darling

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 15 Apr 2014, 01:40

Re: The characters

Love Timeless-A-Peels description of Gloria's character ! She's my favourite' and I wouldn't at all have minded were she around in Joanna's Purdey days -a girl who is all no-nonsense swagger, with gumption and practicality and the ability to stand up and give as good as she gets would have made her a perfect companion for Purdey !Image :thumb:

Return to Class Act