Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

(Re) Watching the series

<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 09 Jan 2009, 00:10

(Re) Watching the series

I'm rewatching Sapphire & Steel now, since I'm at home with my parents at the moment and I had left my dvd box here.
So far I've watched episode 1 and 2 of assignment 2 and I've fallen in love with the series all over again.
It's all so primitive in a way, late 70's early 80's so hardly any spectacular special effects, but that's what gives it it's charm. I love it :wub:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 09 Jan 2009, 17:07

Re: (Re) Watching the series

I hardly dare to admit, but I haven't seen a single episode or at least a tiny bit of this show... It's not on Youtube, and I dunno where to get it either.. Anyway - enjoy watching it, it sounds great.. :)
<<

Philippa

Post 09 Jan 2009, 17:18

I've seen a lot of Sapphire & Steel episodes on Youtube, so unless they've been removed, they should still be there.
The download links in the media section probably don't work anymore do they?
I deleted all mine after I bought the dvds and I haven't got a program to rip dvds so right now I won't be able to upload anything for you. But I might be able to do that later on. Perhaps you know a good dvd rip program I can use?

Edit: I see someone has uploaded the full 6th assignment. Here's the link for part 1
And this channel has got the other 5 assignments
Enjoy!

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

AbFabLaur89

Administrator

Post 12 Jan 2009, 07:10

^ Yeah, I was gonna say, I've seen all the assignments up there on YouTube, so that's good :D You're all set Maartje!! :party:
No Room For Secrets
<<

Philippa

Post 05 Mar 2009, 23:03

I wanna watch S&S but my dvds are with my parents!
Next time I'm in France I'm taking them back with me, along with J&J and the remainder of my AbFab dvds.
*sigh*

<<

jo4me2468

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Post 24 Mar 2009, 07:07

Ohhh...i am sooo glad I checked on here...i was reading Joanna's book and Sapphire and Steel sounded
really facinating but I was wondering how I would get a chance to see it and you've posted it is on Youtube
so I can't wait to charge in!!! :thnx:
<<

Philippa

Post 24 Mar 2009, 10:31

Oh I'm sure you'll love it!! Just one warning, it is very addictive :lol:

<<

Khell

Sweetie Darling

Post 16 May 2009, 10:17

I was just re-warching the show a few weeks ago. (Got stuck in the middle of Assignment 6 when "Department S" came along but I can wait to see the end of THAT one again ...) Of course, the special effects are nothing to write home about but, boy, did I ever see three spotlights appear that menacing! Whew! They sure did get the atmosphere right! Sadly, that's something sorely lacking from many contemporary TV shows ...
<<

Sapphire

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 17 May 2009, 18:57

Oh yes, now that they can use all those computer tricks and the like, they tend to forget about the atmosphere all together and just think "let's see what we can blow up next" or something like that.

S&S was fabulous. They had so little and made _such_ great use of it!
If they hadn't said that Joanna had to stand very still for the blue eye-effect to work, I would never have realized it was because of the effect. To me it was a character thing ... you know; concentrate - body stiff, stare, blue glow ... :hypnose: - Done.
A ballanced diet is a drink in each hand.

Return to Sapphire & Steel