Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Purdey

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 17 Jun 2009, 05:55

Re: Purdey

Philippa wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Philippa wrote:I'm glad about that too. It just seems un-Avengerish for 2 of the main characters to be related. The whole dynamic would've been different.

It definitely wouldn't have been the same. But...oh, dear, you've got me thinking. What if Steed and Gambit were related? What if Mike was Steed's son from some one-night stand with a Welsh girl during the war. There's some resemblance: Dark hair, tall, Irish ancestry...I think poor Gambit would have a nervous breakdown. :lol:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
I guess this is how rumours start in real life :lolol:

You bet it is. We'd better set things straight now.

GAMBIT IS NOT STEED'S SON. JUST HIS PROTEGE. GOT IT?

Do you think that'll work? :lol:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 17 Jun 2009, 06:44

Oh please, don't start about rumours... (yes insert the blazing voice here)

Anyway - I'm just glad they decided to go for a protege instead of a son in the end, TNA's good as it is.

Do you think we can get ''I :heart: Purdey'' t-shirts somewhere? :lol:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 17 Jun 2009, 08:26

Maartje wrote:Do you think we can get ''I :heart: Purdey'' t-shirts somewhere? :lol:

I so want one of those! :heart:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Khell

Sweetie Darling

Post 17 Jun 2009, 12:15

I can SO see that! Pink t-shirts, white letters ... Lemme go check ...

Edit: You know - it's perfectly possible. If you're really serious about that t-shirt, tell me and I'll organise something. :w00t:
<<

Philippa

Post 17 Jun 2009, 13:16

I'm dead serious about that t-shirt. I was already thinking about designs and where to print them :lol:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Khell

Sweetie Darling

Post 17 Jun 2009, 14:39

Ok, so we need at least two t-shirts! *grin* What else would you like? Just "I love Purdey"? Or "I :heart: Purdey"? Maybe with a nice Purdey-pic?

Personally, I'm definitely gonna get a pink t-shirt with "I :heart: Purdey" on it. :happy:
<<

Philippa

Post 17 Jun 2009, 15:44

Fabulous idea :great:
I like your idea of a pink t-shirt with I :heart: Purdey on it. Or otherwise a white shirt with I :heart: Purdey, with a pink heart. That's fabulous too :d

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 17 Jun 2009, 15:57

Oh, a white shirt with a pinky heart, cute! This discussion kinda reminds me of the 'Mike' t-shirts all the fan girls wore, haha.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 17 Jun 2009, 16:22

Maartje wrote:Oh, a white shirt with a pinky heart, cute! This discussion kinda reminds me of the 'Mike' t-shirts all the fan girls wore, haha.

That's what I want--one of those fangirl "Mike" shirts. I always envy those girls because they probably got to keep theirs. :lol:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 17 Jun 2009, 16:33

If only we had been there, back in the seventies. I'm sure all four of us would have auditioned for every possible TNA part over and over again. :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 17 Jun 2009, 16:56

Maartje wrote:If only we had been there, back in the seventies. I'm sure all four of us would have auditioned for every possible TNA part over and over again. :lol:

Yes, I think I'd be willing to be paid to chase after Gareth Hunt for a couple of days. :wink:
<<

Philippa

Post 17 Jun 2009, 17:55

I think we'd even be willing to pay money to chase Gareth Hunt for a couple of days :lol:

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 Jun 2009, 02:11

Philippa wrote:I think we'd even be willing to pay money to chase Gareth Hunt for a couple of days :lol:

Especially in 1976. :wink:
<<

Philippa

Post 18 Jun 2009, 16:13

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Philippa wrote:I think we'd even be willing to pay money to chase Gareth Hunt for a couple of days :lol:

Especially in 1976. :wink:

Oh yes, especially back then :brows:

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 18 Jun 2009, 16:16

We were born in the wrong country and in the wrong decade girls. :no:
<<

Philippa

Post 18 Jun 2009, 16:19

Maartje wrote:We were born in the wrong country and in the wrong decade girls. :no:

Unfortunately yes :no:

<<

M-J;;W

Donkey

Post 18 Jun 2009, 16:23

Timeless A-Peel wrote:She was created as Steed's niece to begin with. Which makes me wonder what Steed would have thought of Gambit always trying to get fresh with his beloved niece.

What "/ no wayy! :O
Sorry little slow on the uptake :lol:

I never knew that, you find out so many interestin facts on here :heart:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 Jun 2009, 17:29

Philippa wrote:
Maartje wrote:We were born in the wrong country and in the wrong decade girls. :no:

Unfortunately yes :no:

This is true. Unfortunately, the only responsible time-travelling method I've come across involves being hit by a car or shot while listening to David Bowie. Not preferable. :lol:

M-J;;W wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:She was created as Steed's niece to begin with. Which makes me wonder what Steed would have thought of Gambit always trying to get fresh with his beloved niece.

What "/ no wayy! :O
Sorry little slow on the uptake :lol:

I never knew that, you find out so many interestin facts on here :heart:

Yep, welcome to the TNA fact vault. :wink: They ditched that part of Purdey's character pretty quick, but it does make you wonder how that would have worked...
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 18 Jun 2009, 17:42

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Unfortunately, the only responsible time-travelling method I've come across involves being hit by a car or shot while listening to David Bowie.

Well, I still intend on stealing Dr Who's Tardis one day - anyone wanna lend me a hand? :wink: (and then I'd definitely send us back to the old days: imagine what a good time our parents must have had, growing up in the fabulous sixties and seventies!)
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 Jun 2009, 17:46

Maartje wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Unfortunately, the only responsible time-travelling method I've come across involves being hit by a car or shot while listening to David Bowie.

Well, I still intend on stealing Dr Who's Tardis one day - anyone wanna lend me a hand? :wink: (and then I'd definitely send us back to the old days: imagine what a good time our parents must have had, growing up in the fabulous sixties and seventies!)

I have yet to see a blue box hurtling through the sky, sadly, but if you catch David Tennant wandering around, be sure to catch him. I could pick up a Corgi #40 gift set for a pound while I was at it. :lol:
<<

Philippa

Post 18 Jun 2009, 17:56

If that tardis includes David Tennant, I'm all for it :brows:
However, if getting shot or run over by a car means I'll get Phil Glenister, I would definitely consider it :drool: :wub:

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 18 Jun 2009, 17:57

Philippa wrote:If that tardis includes David Tennant, I'm all for it.

And Catherine Tate please! Remind me that I do not forget up on the way with my Tardis, Ok? :wink: So, where do you guys wanna go first? :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 Jun 2009, 17:58

Philippa wrote:If that tardis includes David Tennant, I'm all for it :brows:
However, if getting shot or run over by a car means I'll get Phil Glenister, I would definitely consider it :drool: :wub:

I've always loved Gene way more than the Doctor, anyway. I'll get my Bowie discs, you fire up the Quattro. :wink:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 Jun 2009, 18:00

Maartje wrote:
Philippa wrote:If that tardis includes David Tennant, I'm all for it.

And Catherine Tate please! Remind me that I do not forget up on the way with my Tardis, Ok? :wink: So, where do you guys wanna go first? :lol:

We must first travel to 1961 and see that they don't delete all those Dr. Keel episodes by taping over them. Then we need to hit 1977 and scrape up some funding for seasons three through five of TNA. And also make Gareth tell us all those raunchy stories from the TNA set that nobody would ever print (they said they were hilarious, but were afraid of getting in trouble by printing them for public consumption :lol: ).
<<

Philippa

Post 18 Jun 2009, 18:08

Yes to everything Timeless has just mentioned :lol:
And I prefer Gene over the Doctor too. Even just for the fact that I don't even like Dr. Who, I just like David Tennant!

But Philip Glenister, that's a whole other story :brows: :hearteyes:

PreviousNext

Return to The New Avengers