Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Quotes

<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 07 Sep 2009, 10:09

Re: Class Act Quotes

Funny enough I was thinking about Class Act just yesterday. I was at work, and 2 customers whom I had been really friendly to, left without leaving a tip, and I really felt like Kate when she has to work as a waitress: What? No tip?!
Of course she didn't deserve a tip as she was really rude to her customers, but I felt I deserved one since I had been so kind :lol:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 14 Dec 2009, 00:08

K: WHERE'S MY BREAKFAST?

*puts egg in microwave*

G: What's that?
K: I'm cooking an egg.

That gives the word ''lazy'' a whole new dimension... :lmao:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 11 Feb 2010, 22:15

Oh, can we have this topic back please? Class Act is full of great quotes...

Gloria to Kate: ''You're inhuman! No, you're worse than inhuman. You're British!'''

:lmao:
<<

Philippa

Post 11 Feb 2010, 22:19

Oh god I really need to rewatch Class Act :lmao:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 11 Feb 2010, 22:20

You should. I'm rewatching some series 2 now, and it tears me up.

''So this isn't the the time for fireworks, tambourine and dancing in the sheets... eh streets?''

<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 20 Mar 2010, 16:38

I love EVERYTHING she says and does, she is just hilarious! Definitely one of my fave Joanna roles. I've got a few episodes left to watch yet, but I do find myself revisiting them quite frequently!

I adore how she uses swear words all the time, and doesn't give a bugger about it. I remember the scene in the restaurant when she was the waitress, and the old Welsh man came in and she took off his accent- i was creasing with laughter A) because that's what alot of Welsh people sound like, and B) I find myself imitating Welsh accents/people, like Kate did all the time!!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 28 Mar 2010, 18:09

" S L U T "

:lolol: :lolol:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 20 Apr 2010, 17:01

''Au'' as in ''oh god, what am I doing here?''

Kate serving - definitely one of my favourite Class Act scenes. The way she throws the bread on that woman's plate, her constantly correcting the French words one of her customers is trying to get right - she's hilarious!
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 26 Apr 2010, 10:32

^ Oh that is a brilliant scene, I just love how she takes the mickey out of the Welsh man.

"Only the incredibly bourgeoisie drink champagne on special occasions."
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 24 Jun 2010, 22:45

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Which begs the question: which one's Gambit? :rofl:

Jack is in that particular episode - always a little late. :lol: (In which case I like to think of Joanna as Steed because she looks good in a bowler and Gloria being the Purdey of the three because she's the youngest)

''It's my liver and I cry if I want to!"

My new, favourite Class Act quote me thinks. That could have very well been Patsy saying that. :lmao:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 25 Jun 2010, 00:35

Mara wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Which begs the question: which one's Gambit? :rofl:

Jack is in that particular episode - always a little late. :lol: (In which case I like to think of Joanna as Steed because she looks good in a bowler and Gloria being the Purdey of the three because she's the youngest)

''It's my liver and I cry if I want to!"

My new, favourite Class Act quote me thinks. That could have very well been Patsy saying that. :lmao:

Gambit's always in the knick of the time (well, except for in Dead Men :wink: )! But he's definitely the one who always gets the short end of the stick in the woman department. I guess I should be glad you didn't decide he was Gloria. :lmao:

(I thought Joanna made a better Steed than Ralph Fiennes in that Friday Night Project parody, btw. :lol: )

There are so many great lines in this show, I'm laughing about twice a minute. The writing is absolute genius. ^^
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 25 Jun 2010, 10:15

Timeless A-Peel wrote:There are so many great lines in this show, I'm laughing about twice a minute. The writing is absolute genius. ^^

The writer of this episode (have no idea if they were all written by the same people...) definitely had a great sense of humor, sneaking all those Avengers quotes in. I'm surprised Joanna could mention ''mrs. Peel'' and ''The New Avengers'' with an absolute straight face - I would love to see outtakes for this show. (perhaps on the newly released boxed set?)
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 25 Jun 2010, 11:33

Gosh, wouldn't that be amazing if there were outtakes!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 25 Jun 2010, 16:09

Mara wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:There are so many great lines in this show, I'm laughing about twice a minute. The writing is absolute genius. ^^

The writer of this episode (have no idea if they were all written by the same people...) definitely had a great sense of humor, sneaking all those Avengers quotes in. I'm surprised Joanna could mention ''mrs. Peel'' and ''The New Avengers'' with an absolute straight face - I would love to see outtakes for this show. (perhaps on the newly released boxed set?)

Oh, outtakes would be genius. I love the TNA references--it has to be the series that references it the most. The writers were probably fans who were thrilled to have Joanna to write for and be able to throw lines like that in. ^^ I'll bet Joanna did crack up more than once--calling her little group "The New Avengers," she must have looked at John Bowe and thought of Gareth and gone :lmao:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 25 Jun 2010, 19:22

Oh yes, I'm crossing my fingers for Class Act outtakes - I have no doubt it would be brilliant. I expect it would be much like the AbFab outtakes (thank heavens for those...), which are in some cases even funnier than the actual episodes are. (series 4 being the ultimate example)
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 25 Jun 2010, 19:28

Mara wrote:Oh yes, I'm crossing my fingers for Class Act outtakes - I have no doubt it would be brilliant. I expect it would be much like the AbFab outtakes (thank heavens for those...), which are in some cases even funnier than the actual episodes are. (series 4 being the ultimate example)

Any reason to hear Joanna say the f-word again, right? :lmao:
<<

Philippa

Post 25 Jun 2010, 19:35

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Mara wrote:Oh yes, I'm crossing my fingers for Class Act outtakes - I have no doubt it would be brilliant. I expect it would be much like the AbFab outtakes (thank heavens for those...), which are in some cases even funnier than the actual episodes are. (series 4 being the ultimate example)

Hell yeah :lmao:

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 25 Jun 2010, 19:36

Philippa wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:

Hell yeah :lmao:

I love this forum--it's so classy. :lmao:
<<

Philippa

Post 25 Jun 2010, 19:37

Just like Joanna herself :lmao:

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 25 Jun 2010, 19:40

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Any reason to hear Joanna say the f-word again, right? :lmao:

Damn, you caught me there. Is it vaguely disturbing that I love her using that word? :lolol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 25 Jun 2010, 19:41

Philippa wrote:Just like Joanna herself :lmao:

Classy like Lolita from Faces--"We were just discussing the merits of one another, wasn't we?" :lmao:

Mara wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Any reason to hear Joanna say the f-word again, right? :lmao:

Damn, you caught me there. Is it vaguely disturbing that I love her using that word? :lolol:

No, Patrick saying the f-word is disturbing. Joanna's just hilarious. :lmao:

(Is it wrong that I wish we had Gareth saying it too, just to make a set? :lolol: )
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 25 Jun 2010, 19:48

Timeless A-Peel wrote:No, Patrick saying the f-word is disturbing. Joanna's just hilarious. :lmao:

It is. Partly because - like has been said many times before - you don't expect her to speak with a cockney accent or know swearing words, let alone use them. :lol:

I think we really ought to go back to Class Act now. Slowly, but gradually. :wink:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 25 Jun 2010, 19:52

Mara wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:No, Patrick saying the f-word is disturbing. Joanna's just hilarious. :lmao:

It is. Partly because - like has been said many times before - you don't expect her to speak with a cockney accent or know swearing words, let alone use them. :lol:

I think we really ought to go back to Class Act now. Slowly, but gradually. :wink:

It's that cut-glass accent that does it--anything crass just sounds that much richer. :lmao:

I'm sure Kate would use the f-word is censors allowed (there, back on topic :lol: ).
<<

Philippa

Post 25 Jun 2010, 19:54

I'm sure she would :lol:

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 11 Sep 2010, 20:17

K: ''You're pulling my leg.''
G: ''Someone's got to, you silly old tart.''
K: ''I'm not old.''

PreviousNext

Return to Class Act