Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Re-discovering the series!

<<

Joris

Sweetie Darling

Post 21 Jul 2009, 17:09

Re-discovering the series!

I started watching the NA from the beginning today, with THE EAGLE'S NEST, THE MIDAS TOUCH.

I always laugh when Purdey spies on the ennemis in THE MIDAS TOUCH, through the hole, in the door. When they're repeting the kiss on the hand. :lmao: She has a funny reaction.
Don't move or...I call the New Avengers rightaway !
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 21 Jul 2009, 18:56

Re: Re-discovering the series !

It's always nice to re-discover a series after not watching it for a while isn't it?
No matter how many times you've seen it, after a while you still tend to forget minor details, so there's always something new to discover :grin:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Joris

Sweetie Darling

Post 21 Jul 2009, 21:29

Yes. It feels so good to watch them again !! :thumb:
Especially when studies are over. :grin:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 23 Jul 2009, 23:00

Oh, neat idea for a topic! I do a love of new ''discoveries'' all the time when I watch AbFab, and I often nowadays find myself discovering new things in TNA too. I love rewatching good shows!
<<

Joris

Sweetie Darling

Post 11 Aug 2009, 17:14

Re: Re-discovering the series!

I've notice a slight mistake in THE GLADIATORS when the men are fighting at the very beginning. If you focus on the white room's ceiling, you'll see that it's filmed in a studio, you can "gaze" at the lights.
The shot is very quick.
<<

Philippa

Post 15 Aug 2009, 16:06

Ooh nice, I'll look out for that next time I watch it :happy:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 15 Aug 2009, 23:24

They made very little mistakes in TNA though, compared to for instance, the Peels. It sometimes really made you wonder whether they even watched the episodes before they broadcast them, some mistakes are really obvious... It has its charm on the other hand though. :d
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 16 Aug 2009, 05:51

Maartje wrote:They made very little mistakes in TNA though, compared to for instance, the Peels. It sometimes really made you wonder whether they even watched the episodes before they broadcast them, some mistakes are really obvious... It has its charm on the other hand though. :d

TNA had the fortune to have both Gareth and Joanna doing the stunts, so they were able to avoid a lot of the really bad "doubles" sequences. They do make mistakes, but it is smoother and mistakes are less noticeable, mainly probably because they had better technology and shooting techniques--after all, it was seven years later! There are a few things that stand out, though--lights reflecting in windows and such. But TNA definitely kept them to a minimum.
<<

Joris

Sweetie Darling

Post 16 Aug 2009, 10:35

Agree with all of you !
There are less mistakes in the NA, rare to see them. :happy:
<<

Philippa

Post 16 Aug 2009, 11:16

It is true, there are very few continuity mistakes in TNA, whereas there were loads in the original series. Though I think it's always fun to try and spot them :happy:

<<

Joris

Sweetie Darling

Post 16 Aug 2009, 16:35

There's also the "chandelier case" as I call it... :lmao:
If you watch Steed's chandelier, in his living-room, you'll notice it swinging in the air sometimes, thus revealing that there's no roof...
This phenomenon happens frequently...
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 16 Aug 2009, 16:57

Philippa wrote:It is true, there are very few continuity mistakes in TNA, whereas there were loads in the original series. Though I think it's always fun to try and spot them :happy:

TNA's brilliant with continuity, particularly in terms of the characters. A lot of the time the errors are things that you can tell they left in on purpose because they worked--the champagne going up Gareth's nose (come on, tell me you don't love that? ^^ ) and Joanna pushing Gareth into that door so his eyes roll back in his head a little. And, of course, Joanna was always hurting herself, but you never see those bits onscreen.

Return to The New Avengers