Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Series 1

<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 27 Jan 2008, 01:52

Series 1

right, series 1 of sensitive skin. i'm really curious what you all thought of it :D
<<

AbFabLaur89

Administrator

Post 27 Jan 2008, 02:17

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch it. I can only rely on YouTube and it had been taken off by the time I tried to look for it lol. I know I'd have loved it though, being it's Joanna n' all <3 hehe. I did however see one little snippet of a scene..the one where Joanna is kissing that younger guy and he calls her "mummy" lol. It was like, smooth move Ex Lax! :lol:
<<

Philippa

Post 27 Jan 2008, 02:26

ahahaha yeah that scene is great, and slightly embarrasing lol :oops:
<<

AbFabLaur89

Administrator

Post 27 Jan 2008, 03:17

Oh I know!! :oops: :shock: LOL
<<

V

Target

Post 27 Jan 2008, 11:07

Dunno where to place this but it sort of belongs here me thinks... :?

<<

Philippa

Post 27 Jan 2008, 11:16

oh i absolutely love that pic *sighs*
<<

Sara

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Post 27 Jan 2008, 14:35

i didn't watch the whole series, but the eps i saw, i absolutely loved it

and that pic is fab!!!
<<

Daniel

Post 28 Jan 2008, 05:35

I saw episode one of this series, and was blown away by Jo Lumley and Denis Lawson, and was surprised that it was funny as well :o

I really wish this ran longer in Australia. :(
This wheel's on fire. Rolling Down the road. Best notify my next of kin. This wheel shall EXPLODE!
<<

AbFabLaur89

Administrator

Post 28 Jan 2008, 06:29

That pic is soooo cool Veijo, thanks for posting!! :D Jo looks soo gorgeous there. Dammnnn, I want to see Sensitive Skin SOOOOO badly!! *Eddie-style tantrum on the floor* lol
<<

Philippa

Post 28 Jan 2008, 10:11

series 1 was shown here in the netherlands but i couldn't watch it because it was always on when i had to work.
luckily i saw them all on youboob before they were deleted.
i saw series 2 on the beeb last year but i missed the last epp :(
<<

Froggie

Obsession

Post 05 Feb 2008, 08:08

Lauren, check your box, PM for you about Sensitive skin sweetie :wink:
<<

AbFabLaur89

Administrator

Post 05 Feb 2008, 08:15

Sent a reply hun! I simply adore you!!! *hugs* :D :wink: :!: <333

You rock Froggz! :wink:
No Room For Secrets
<<

Froggie

Obsession

Post 08 Feb 2008, 16:14

I love this series. If youtube accepts my files (maybe it's not on youtube anymore cause of pb with the copyright?!) i will upload it :wink:
<<

Philippa

Post 08 Feb 2008, 20:09

they probably deleted them because of copyright issues.....

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

donttalkaboutmyfamily

Post 08 Feb 2008, 23:46

i got to watch some of them on youtube before it was taken off but i loved it. i love the painting that her brother in law painted of her and how she sees on his truck :lol:
<<

Philippa

Post 08 Feb 2008, 23:52

ahahaha oh yeah that was absolutely hilarious. i remember joanna saying when she was on the graham norton show that it was actually quite embarrasing because the street where they filmed that is actually really close to where she lives :lol:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

AbFabLaur89

Administrator

Post 12 Feb 2008, 17:17

Yeah, and how she was afraid people might think that she ACTUALLY posed for it!!! :laugh: :P :o

I haven't actually seen any of series 2 yet, but I just watched the series 1 finale and....... :cry: :cry: :cry: Effffff!!! Why did Al have to die?! And just as Devina realised that she still loved him so much! When she climbed into the bed with him, I got misty! And when he kissed her forehead, I was like.... omg awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:( :( :(

However, I am anticipating series 2 HUGELY!!! I can't wait to see what happens next in the life of Devina, newly single and left to fend for herself! :shock: :o :D Still though, fuuuucccckkkk!! That sucked that Al had to die!! He loved Devina so much!! Waaaaaaaaaaaa!!:cry:

Overall though, amazing first series!!!:wub:

Okay, I'm done now :)
No Room For Secrets
<<

Philippa

Post 13 Feb 2008, 14:32

OMG believe me, i know how you feel about it!
seriously, i cried when al died. i was crying in front of my laptop (luckily nobody was home lol)
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

<<

AbFabLaur89

Administrator

Post 14 Feb 2008, 05:02

Awwww Philly!!:hug: I know, it was sooooo sad!! I just can't get over how incredibly adorable it is when he pulled her close and kissed her forehead!! :cry: And Devina's last words to him, "Oh you, sensitive skin!" ... :cry: :(

Ahhhhh..Damn it Devina, why did you have to DO that Greg creep with the skin-tight leather pants and the bitch wife?! LOL :o :P
No Room For Secrets
<<

Froggie

Obsession

Post 18 Feb 2008, 19:19

Even if I think the 2nd season is more interesting, i love the 1st one.
I didn't know this actor before and I've been charmed by Denis Lawson.
Plus i love all the songs they've used in that series, really good choices.
<<

AbFabLaur89

Administrator

Post 20 Feb 2008, 09:49

Oh yeah, I totally agree Froggz :D Denis Lawson is cool! lol His accent is awesome hehe :P :wink: They did pick good music for the first season, definitely. Though, overall, I do prefer the second series much more so far (I've only watched the first 3 eppys..school's been a bitch in the past week or so..two midterms and I'm still finishing up a research paper I've got due on Friday :roll: lol). I'm gonna reward myself with the last three eppys afterwards though hehe. It works out really well, cuz I have about 9 days off..It's my uni's "Reading Week" :D hehe. So yeah, can't wait to see how the second series rounds off! I really hope that by the grace of God, they might decide to do a third series!!:squee: :P :wink:
No Room For Secrets
<<

Philippa

Post 20 Feb 2008, 10:34

i'm sorry to disappoint you lauren hun, but there's not gonna be a 3rd series :(. i know, it sucks!

anyhoo, i watched the first 2 epps of series 1 yesterday and again i was struck by joanna's brilliance of acting. it's been months since i last saw sensitive skin and this series keeps getting better and better the more you watch it :wub:

<<

Philippa

Post 03 Mar 2008, 19:11

i cried throughout the last epp :cry:, because this time i knew what was going to happen ahaha

<<

Don'tQuestionMe

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 30 Mar 2008, 14:07

ahahah, Lippa, my love <3 I know, I accidentely read in a mag in a sort of interview or somethin' that he was gonna die, and then I had only seen the first episode, so all through the other five ones I was like OH NO! No, he's gonna die now! Noooo! But he never did! So I was relieveeeededde. Then I started watchin' the next ep, and I was like "OH NO! No, he's gonna die now! Noooo!" and I kept goin' like that until he actually did die. And YES, it was soooooo sad when it happened! I cried a bit too!

Still haven't seen the last four epps... Senspace stopped workin' and now when it works again the links have expired (HINT, HINT, Froggiemydearestsweetiedarling)

I LOVED episode 4! It was so much fun!!!! Laughin' all the time almost ^^ and that horrible paintin' of her in whatever ep, ahahahahahha!

I <3 Sensitive Skin
<<

Philippa

Post 30 Mar 2008, 22:32

aaaww. i'm on a slow internet connection right now but as soon as i'm back in france (this thursday) i'll upload them for you :smooch:

Next

Return to Sensitive Skin