Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Series 2

<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 12 Oct 2009, 21:10

Re: Series 2

I saw an ad for series 2 on BBC Prime today, and they were promoting it as being 'brand new' :lol:
Which seemed a bit odd to me since it's already 2 years old...but still really nice to see a Sensitive Skin ad on tv :grin:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 17 Apr 2011, 15:41

I still haven't brought Series 2 I only have Series 1, is it as good as the first series ??
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 17 Apr 2011, 23:09

bexyshortcake wrote:I still haven't brought Series 2 I only have Series 1, is it as good as the first series ??

It's different so it's hard to compare the two. But they're both words watching and great in their own way. :yes:
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 18 Apr 2011, 08:35

Okay thank you, it is only £3.97 on Amazon so i'll add it to my basket in the next week or so. :happy:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 18 Apr 2011, 18:23

bexyshortcake wrote:Okay thank you, it is only £3.97 on Amazon so i'll add it to my basket in the next week or so. :happy:

Wow, that's really pretty cheap. If you loved series 1 I'm sure that you won't regret buying this box either. :yes:
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 18 Apr 2011, 19:34

I know cheap !! :grin: :happy:
I found series 1 good but a bit strange but hopefully I find this one good, I shall let you know.
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 19 Apr 2011, 05:24

bexyshortcake wrote:I know cheap !! :grin: :happy:
I found series 1 good but a bit strange but hopefully I find this one good, I shall let you know.

Enjoy it then, I hope you'll be able to watch it soon!
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 19 Apr 2011, 20:52

Thank you Britta !! :hug:
<<

Philippa

Post 23 Apr 2011, 09:38

I agree that the two series are very different and therefore difficult to compare, but they''re both great and very enjoyable in their own right. And you got yourself a real bargain there Becky :grin:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 24 Apr 2011, 13:44

Thanks, hopefully get it from amazon soon. :grin: :happy:
<<

Becky

Obsession

Post 26 Aug 2011, 09:43

I got this on DVD last month. I love it. Her character is really pleasant :)
<<

Beth Swift

Target

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 01 Sep 2013, 16:22

So this has probably been discussed before, but I've read through and I don't think so...
Anyway, I ADORE Sensitive Skin :thumb: BUT, I really don't get the ending, no matter how much I try to read into it. Is that guy meant to show she's going back to the confusing days of her life when she had the imaginary friends or am I missing something pretty big here? :huh:
<<

Philippa

Post 07 Sep 2013, 12:19

You know it's been so long since I last watched Sensitive Skin that I can't remember exactly how it ended (shocking isn't it?). Normally I'd rewatch it and get back to you, but I just moved away for uni and I didn't bring my DVDs.

<<

Beth Swift

Target

Post 07 Sep 2013, 21:53

Philippa wrote:You know it's been so long since I last watched Sensitive Skin that I can't remember exactly how it ended (shocking isn't it?). Normally I'd rewatch it and get back to you, but I just moved away for uni and I didn't bring my DVDs.

Dun dun duun! OMG ;D Thanks for replying anyhoo; I was just curious onto an explanation and figured that if anyone should know what happened to Davina, someone on here must ;D ahah xxx
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 08 Sep 2013, 13:13

SapphiresAndCiggies wrote:Is that guy meant to show she's going back to the confusing days of her life when she had the imaginary friends or am I missing something pretty big here? :huh:

No, I think the imaginary friends she left behind long before that - at some point she even mentions to her neighbour (Lizzie) that she no longer speaks to them. As for the guy who pops up in the last episode: he's too is called Al. He even wears the same sneakers and red scarf, so I always imagined the two of them ended up as friends or even lovers. However, at the same time I feel that letting this new Al into her life, has finally made her accept the death of her own husband.

It's a very moving ending but I can't quite explain why. It needs a rewatch :wink:
<<

Philippa

Post 08 Sep 2013, 16:06

How could I forget about the ending? Especially because it was so memorable. I don't know, I think I was just really tired when I wrote that previous post.

<<

Beth Swift

Target

Post 08 Sep 2013, 18:58

Ah, that's a pretty good idea, Mara :3 I always took it that the new Al was a metaphor or something of her imagination and that she left the money for her son's deposit in her will or something. The concept of there actually just being an Al lookalike completely passed me haha! :) P.s. I agree that the ending is moving: I always cry buckets when she says good bye to her son in the bus )':

The ending is pretty unforgettable; it's just awesome and confusing (to me D:) at the same time :) xx
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 08 Sep 2013, 22:47

SapphiresAndCiggies wrote:Ah, that's a pretty good idea, Mara :3 I always took it that the new Al was a metaphor or something of her imagination and that she left the money for her son's deposit in her will or something.

Good one! I'm not sure why but I always sort of assumed the second Al was real, and that Davina was just as much struck by his likeness to the 'old' one as the viewer. It's nice picturing her with another man on the couch on that houseboat. And as much as I would have loved a third series, the ending is perfect as it is.
<<

Beth Swift

Target

Post 11 Sep 2013, 18:49

Mara wrote:Good one! I'm not sure why but I always sort of assumed the second Al was real, and that Davina was just as much struck by his likeness to the 'old' one as the viewer. It's nice picturing her with another man on the couch on that houseboat. And as much as I would have loved a third series, the ending is perfect as it is.

awwh that's true :) It's a cute idea that she should have another partner- although I secretly hoped it would be Sam. One love for Sam :thumb: The ending is pretty perfect, but I think they could bring it back, now it's been quite awhile, just so people can know where Davina got to in the end :)
Previous

Return to Sensitive Skin