Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Songs relating to Purdey and Gambit

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 11 Nov 2011, 23:22

Re: Songs relating to Purdey and Gambit

Nice one, Timeless! I love the Artic Monkeys but I haven't really been following them recently. Good song though. :yes:

By the way, I got introduced to an American rock band called 'Neon Trees' and they have this song 'Your Surrender' which I quite like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2RoA-19Qeo Their sound reminds me of Brandon Flower & co. and so does this lyric, frankly.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 12 Nov 2011, 14:24

Mara wrote:Nice one, Timeless! I love the Artic Monkeys but I haven't really been following them recently. Good song though. :yes:

By the way, I got introduced to an American rock band called 'Neon Trees' and they have this song 'Your Surrender' which I quite like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2RoA-19Qeo Their sound reminds me of Brandon Flower & co. and so does this lyric, frankly.

I've never listened to Arctic Monkeys before, but they've been playing a lot of them on 6Music, so I decided to get their Suck It and See album. I love a lot of the songs--"Piledriver Waltz" is great, and "Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair" is absolutely hilarious. But "Suck It and See" has the sweetness and strangeness of the Purdey/Gambit relationship down to a T. :wub:

I'll put the Neon Trees away for later and see if they sound suitably Killersesque. :grin:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 17 Jan 2012, 16:01

I don't know about you guys, but this is definitely another P&G lyric for me:

You can dance-every dance with the guy
Who gives you the eye,let him hold you tight
You can smile-every smile for the man
Who held your hand neath the pale moon light
But don't forget who's takin' you home
And in whose arms you're gonna be
So darlin' save the last dance for me

Oh I know that the music's fine
Like sparklin' wine, go and have your fun
Laugh and sing, but while we're apart
Don't give your heart to anyone
But don't forget who's takin' you home
And in whose arms you're gonna be
So darlin' save the last dance for me

I'm pretty sure Timeless will be familiar with this guy, as Michael Buble is Canadian (and very handsome one, if I may say so) :whistle:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 Jan 2012, 00:26

Mara wrote:I don't know about you guys, but this is definitely another P&G lyric for me:

I'm pretty sure Timeless will be familiar with this guy, as Michael Buble is Canadian (and very handsome one, if I may say so) :whistle:

Oh, yes, I'm very familiar with dear Michael (I watched his Christmas special last month :thumb: ), our hilariously raunchy musical golden boy. We're quite proud of him over here. :whistle:

I confess I don't know this particular track of his, but it sounds lovely, and I'm sure Gambit would relate. Funny how a lot of the tracks we pick seem to be from Gambit's perspective, eh? :lol:

Coincidentally, "Suck It and See" has come on as I write this. Still a brilliantly P&G song. I love it dearly. :wub:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 18 Jan 2012, 20:58

Oh yes, I had a feeling that you might like him - he's certainly something to be proud of. I must admit I felt slightly jealous when Dawn kissed him in that Christmas special.. :whistle:

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I confess I don't know this particular track of his, but it sounds lovely, and I'm sure Gambit would relate. Funny how a lot of the tracks we pick seem to be from Gambit's perspective, eh? :lol:

You are right - promise I'll try and to my best to find a Purdey song next. :thumb:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 Jan 2012, 21:57

My favourite part of Michael is his humour--he's absolutely hilarious. Rauncy, but hilarious. His concerts are half music and half stand-up act. :lol:

It's not necessarily bad that the songs lean toward Gambit's perspective--he's the one angsting after Purdey after all. I just noticed it was a theme. Not surprising on my part considering my huge Gambit bias. :thumb:

I always think of "When You Were Young" for Purdey--I made a video for it because it seemed to fit so well with what she'd gone through. I tend to relate her to "Alright" by the Lucy Nation for that reason, too. :yes:
Previous

Return to The New Avengers