Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Talking Eddie and Patsy...

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 28 Jan 2012, 13:51

Talking Eddie and Patsy...

I know this is a bit of a random one, but let's chat about the fabulous, gorgeous little things our favourite duo loves best! (or dislikes, if you want) I'll start:

Incredibly expensive but so, so nice. :hearteyes: I once got a bottle at the airport with a fair discount, so we shared it on our first night in London. I've kept the cork.
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 29 Jan 2012, 13:17

Re: Talking Eddie and Patsy...

Mara wrote:I know this is a bit of a random one, but let's chat about the fabulous, gorgeous little things our favourite duo loves best! (or dislikes, if you want) I'll start:

Incredibly expensive but so, so nice. :hearteyes: I once got a bottle at the airport with a fair discount, so we shared it on our first night in London. I've kept the cork.

Good idea, I think I would have kept the cork, too!
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 29 Jan 2012, 16:56

I remember buying a bottle of Veuve to drink with a friend of mine while we watched the Mamma Mia sketch during Comic Relief. We kept the bottle for a while afterwards, and put a flower in it :lol:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 29 Jan 2012, 17:31

Philippa wrote:I remember buying a bottle of Veuve to drink with a friend of mine while we watched the Mamma Mia sketch during Comic Relief. We kept the bottle for a while afterwards, and put a flower in it :lol:

Did it die? :lol: I've never actually tasted Veuve, although it deserves the title of AbFab champers as much as Bollinger does. Bolly Stolly darling. :wink:

How about:

We know Edina loves them?
<<

Philippa

Post 29 Jan 2012, 17:55

That's not them though. They're look-a-likes :lol:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 29 Jan 2012, 18:12

Philippa wrote:That's not them though. They're look-a-likes :lol:

AHAHA, I didn't even notice. I'm such a terrible nineties kid :lmao: (the outfits are good though, I'll give 'em that)

Here we go:

(pretty sure these are them)
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 29 Jan 2012, 18:22

It took me a minute, too. I thought, "Funny, Victoria Beckham looks different than I remember." :lmao:
<<

Philippa

Post 29 Jan 2012, 19:01

Admittedly, they're pretty good look-a-likes. All 5 of them do appear to be men though, if I'm not mistaken :lmao:

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 29 Jan 2012, 19:49

Philippa wrote:Admittedly, they're pretty good look-a-likes. All 5 of them do appear to be men though, if I'm not mistaken :lmao:

Haha no, I think you're right. Spice Girls tribute band, fab way to earn a living. :lol: (I do love the actual girls, although I'm not too happy about their comeback. I doubt very much if zigazig will work in 2012)
<<

Heleno

Cat Amongst The Pigeons

Post 31 Jan 2012, 11:01

Oh my goodness! This entire post, from the Spice Girls onwards, had me in absolute stitches! :lmao: I didn't even look twice at the picture until Philippa said it wasn't them, that just goes to show how observant I am, doesn't it?!

OK...things Eds and Pats love most. Hmmm...how about...

...Modern Art?

(For those who don't quite get the reference, I'm alluding to a story which broke over here in the UK a couple of years back, where a cleaner working in an art gallery accidentally emptied the contents of a rubbish bin that was standing in the middle of the gallery, completely oblivious to the fact that it was an art installation. Luckily, the artist had made allowance for such an incident occuring and had a replica on stand-by! :lol:)

Return to Absolutely Fabulous