Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

The Avengers: the Tara King era / Linda Thorson talk

<<

Eric

Sweetie Darling

Post 14 Jun 2009, 21:42

The Avengers: the Tara King era / Linda Thorson talk

Since Emma's got her own thread , I tought Tara should have one too ... :happy:
This is an overal pretty good season with the most varied array of styles .
It wasn't easy for Linda stepping into Diana's shoes , but I think she did a great job and brought her own charm to the series ...

Image Image
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 14 Jun 2009, 22:57

Re: The Avengers: the Tara King era

So far I've only seen 2 episodes with Tara, The Forget-Me-Knot obviously and All Done With Mirrors, which I think is a very good episode. After watching the Emma's and Cathy's I didn't think I'd like Tara, but I do, I'm definitely warming to her. But I've got to see more episodes before I can really say more about the TK era. So far I like it though :great:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 29 Jul 2010, 18:49

Re: The Avengers: the Tara King era / Linda Thorson talk

Out of all 4 girls, I think it's safe to say Tara is my least favourite girl and I'm afraid she always will be... (sorry Linda) But I've given in, and I've just finished downloading the complete Kings! :lol:

I know the Avengers Forever has a ''best off'', but since I don't agree with their picks for TNA not their choices when it comes to the Peels - which ones are your favourites?
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 29 Jul 2010, 21:28

I don't think Tara gets the best showcase in The Forget-Me-Knot. It looks like she's muscling in on Emma in a way. Emma also get a couple of brilliant fight scene, whilst Tara clumsily attacks Steed, gets knocked out, and her only fight is hitting a guy with her handbag.

She is far better served in Split!, Noon Doomsday and All Done With Mirrors.

:wub:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 30 Jul 2010, 06:12

Avengerdan wrote:I don't think Tara gets the best showcase in The Forget-Me-Knot. It looks like she's muscling in on Emma in a way. Emma also get a couple of brilliant fight scene, whilst Tara clumsily attacks Steed, gets knocked out, and her only fight is hitting a guy with her handbag.

She is far better served in Split!, Noon Doomsday and All Done With Mirrors.

:wub:

I still think that, despite the fun concept of having two Avengers girls onscreen at once, I really think hat having Tara step in straight after Emma did a disservice to the character--how were viewers not meant to hate her when she came waltzing in seconds after Emma's little speech? I know I resented it. I was sad for a week post-Forget, and try as I might, I gave up on Tara after watching only a few episodes, during which I sort of hoped the baddies would off her. (Hey, I was a kid. I felt these things strongly. :lol: )

After I had such a good time with TNA, though, I went back and watched Tara's episodes and found I really enjoyed them. Tara is still my least-favourite Avengers girl, but I have warm feelings for her, and I find her quite pleasant to watch. Her character gets better over the course of the season, as the writers get a feel for what to do with her. I personally find that she's stronger and more enjoyable as a character when she works solo, whereas Emma always was more fun with Steed. That's probably why All Done With Mirrors is such a favourite of Tara fans--she's on her own for most of it, so she really gets to shine. The writers sort of undermined her when she was with Steed.

Favourites? I'd recommend Game, and early episode for me, as well as Take-Over, the fantastically disturbing Stay Tuned (great for Halloween), moody Fog, Who Was That Man I Saw You With? for the Avengers girl framed as traitor for a change, and They Keep Killing Steed, not just because I love doppelgangers, but because we get Baron von Kurt, our first Gambit prototype. As the season goes on you'll find things start to drift more and more toward the show that TNA would inevitably be, and it's fascinating. Patrick was tired of it by that point, and even if it hadn't been cancelled,I suspect he would have asked for a reduced role, hence the Gambit-type character. Had is carried on things might have turned out much the same, although perhaps without Gareth and Joanna. Horrors! :lol:
<<

martyoreen

Sweetie Darling

Post 01 Nov 2013, 04:08

Heard it said that Tara was by far the most athletic of the Avenger Girls-Purdey included !
<<

martyoreen

Sweetie Darling

Post 17 Dec 2014, 01:41

Mara wrote:Out of all 4 girls, I think it's safe to say Tara is my least favourite girl and I'm afraid she always will be... (sorry Linda) But I've given in, and I've just finished downloading the complete Kings! :lol: Tara is gorgeous ...sexy, curvaceous and could well be the most athletic Avenger Girl :grin: Spoiled for choice too with Rhonda a deal taller (compare Rhonda and Purdey standing beside Steed :blush: ) and probably more athletic than any of the Avenger Girls

I know the Avengers Forever has a ''best off'', but since I don't agree with their picks for TNA not their choices when it comes to the Peels - which ones are your favourites?

Image Linda looks Fantastic in leather :yes: ImageRhonda and Steed on cue :grin: Would Purdey approve ? :blush: ImageGambit methinks would have approved of Rhonda :worship: ImageLinda...gorgeous here :blush: ImagePurdey and Rhonda how would they have got on...Rhonda given the opportunity to speak amongst other things of course :cheer:

Return to The New Avengers