Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

The cast

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 31 Jan 2012, 01:34

The cast

Of course we all know they've passed on since the nineties, but still I was a little surprised to see ''Jack'' visiting Cranford :whistle:

dr_morgan.jpg

So I wonder, what did become of the other cast members? We know about Joanna, but what did Nadine Garner do after CA? Does anyone know?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 31 Jan 2012, 03:17

Re: The cast

Cranford was the first thing I saw John in post-CA--I remember watching the DVDs and being so thrilled, because I loved Jack so much. He's popped in A2A, and he seems to be working regularly in TV, which is nice to see. Wikipedia says he's got six kids, too, so I suspect that keeps him busy. :hypnose:

From the looks of IMDb, Nadine went back to Australia and stars in a TV show there, had some kids. It's good to know they're still working. ^^

Dear Richard Vernon passed away only two years after CA, alas. :cry:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 31 Jan 2012, 06:27

I had no idea that he was in Cranford although I watched it an have the DVD :blush: that happens to me a lot, I recognize an actor/actress and then cannot remember who it is.
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 31 Jan 2012, 11:00

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Cranford was the first thing I saw John in post-CA--I remember watching the DVDs and being so thrilled, because I loved Jack so much. He's popped in A2A, and he seems to be working regularly in TV, which is nice to see. Wikipedia says he's got six kids, too, so I suspect that keeps him busy. :hypnose:

From the looks of IMDb, Nadine went back to Australia and stars in a TV show there, had some kids. It's good to know they're still working. ^^

Dear Richard Vernon passed away only two years after CA, alas. :cry:

Same for me Timeless, after Class Act I first saw John in Cranford and later in A2A. And wow 6 kids, unbelievable :confused:

I googled Nadine a while back and came across an interview with her from not that long ago. She's done pretty alright for herself I believe, and she has two sons now.

Richard Vernon was already pretty old in Class Act, but still sad to hear that he passed away so soon afterwards. I remember seeing a much younger version of him in a very old episode of The Avengers, one of the Honor Blackman ones. Can't remember the episode though.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 31 Jan 2012, 11:23

See? I already learnt something new through this topic, thanks Timeless :lol:

Ah yes, I saw John in Ashes to of course but I think that's it for me. Six children, my goodness. My grandmother had 7 and she still complains that it was simply too much for one woman (she's 93) :lol: It's nice to know that they're still working in TV though. At one point I think someone who absolutely adored Nadine Garner signed up to the Jen Saunders forum, so naturally we talked about CA. She aged a bit, but in a good way:

Schermafbeelding 2012-01-31 om 11.22.45.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 31 Jan 2012, 13:07

It's really nice to see some recent photos of the cast, thanks for sharing!
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 31 Jan 2012, 23:36

Philippa wrote:Same for me Timeless, after Class Act I first saw John in Cranford and later in A2A. And wow 6 kids, unbelievable :confused:

I googled Nadine a while back and came across an interview with her from not that long ago. She's done pretty alright for herself I believe, and she has two sons now.

Richard Vernon was already pretty old in Class Act, but still sad to hear that he passed away so soon afterwards. I remember seeing a much younger version of him in a very old episode of The Avengers, one of the Honor Blackman ones. Can't remember the episode though.

Wikipedia says 6, which may not be true. If it is, I'm sure he's never bored. :lol:

I'm glad Nadine's doing well--her show seems to have been going for awhile now, and she looks lovely. She was just a kid when she did CA, really--she looks more like a "woman" now, if you know what I mean. ^^

Richard was only 70 when he did CA, which really isn't that old, and 72 when he died, though he looked older. He's probably best known to us Hitchhiker's fans as the original Slartibartfast, an absolutely genius character that only Douglas Adams could come up with. So I'm particularly sad that he's no longer with us, but glad he was in another project I enjoy. :cry: I never realised he was in the Avengers, though--I looked him up and he was in The Mauritius Penny, the Cathy stamp story. Thanks for the head's up, Philippa. :hug:

Mara wrote:See? I already learnt something new through this topic, thanks Timeless :lol:

Ah yes, I saw John in Ashes to of course but I think that's it for me. Six children, my goodness. My grandmother had 7 and she still complains that it was simply too much for one woman (she's 93) :lol: It's nice to know that they're still working in TV though. At one point I think someone who absolutely adored Nadine Garner signed up to the Jen Saunders forum, so naturally we talked about CA. She aged a bit, but in a good way:

That's me--here to educate from the vast trivia reserves in my brain. :lol:

Both John and your grandma are incredibly brave people. 7 kids--man alive, I salute her for keeping her sanity. :lol:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 01 Feb 2012, 00:53

Oh yes, I can totally see what you mean. She looked so young when she did CA, the way Gloria dressed herself also helped a lot, I think. She looks like a forty-something woman now, but nevertheless pretty. She reminds me of Julia Sawalha, in a way. :yes:

They had a great chemistry going on, Joanna, John and Nadine. I wonder if they ever kept in touch after the series ended.

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Both John and your grandma are incredibly brave people. 7 kids--man alive, I salute her for keeping her sanity. :lol:

Haha well, she's a lovely woman but I think she lost her sanity somewhere after the fifth kid. :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 01 Feb 2012, 01:01

Mara wrote:Oh yes, I can totally see what you mean. She looked so young when she did CA, the way Gloria dressed herself also helped a lot, I think. She looks like a forty-something woman now, but nevertheless pretty. She reminds me of Julia Sawalha, in a way. :yes:

They had a great chemistry going on, Joanna, John and Nadine. I wonder if they ever kept in touch after the series ended.

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Both John and your grandma are incredibly brave people. 7 kids--man alive, I salute her for keeping her sanity. :lol:

Haha well, she's a lovely woman but I think she lost her sanity somewhere after the fifth kid. :lol:

Looking at Wikipedia, she was only around 24 when she did the show, so that's pretty young indeed. She's a grown-up now, 41 years young, and very lovely. I've always thought she had amazing eyes, very bright and expressive. :yes: And yeah, there's a touch of Julia around the mouth, I agree.

I read somewhere--I think on here!--that Nadine came and visited Joanna at her house one day with her kids, and Joanna was at that Priscilla, Queen of the Desert performance of John's. I don't know about John and Nadine--I hope they kept in touch. :yes:

Ha, ha, well, I don't blame her. I think she deserves to be as non-sane as she wants for the rest of her days. She's earned it. :lol:

Return to Class Act