Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

The Edina appreciation topic

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 08 Jun 2009, 17:09

The Edina appreciation topic

Can you imagine watching AbFab is like heaven for me? Not only I can enjoy Joanna's fabulous acting, but Jen's in it as well. Two for the price of one!

She's hyperactive, disorganised and gets what she wants by shouting loud enough, but I do love Edina.
<<

Geesus

Donkey

Post 09 Jun 2009, 15:33

Re: The absolutely fabulous Eddie

I was thinking, actually Eddie, as well as Patsy, ARE truly nasty people. If I met her in real life I would absolutely hate her. She represents every single thing I detest.

But then again this is jsut what makes her character hilarious. And in a away so very British.

<<

mond257

Target

Post 09 Jun 2009, 16:40

Oh yes, such a great pairing...a match made in heaven!
I don't think I've seen that particular pic before maartje!

Yes they are nasty, but I don't think Eddie really means to be. The way she acts is the only way she knows how. I think deep down (probably very deep) she cares about people other than herself, but doesn't know how to portray this...and obviously Patsy's friendship is far more important!
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 09 Jun 2009, 17:01

I don't think I've seen that first picture before either! :great:
I agree Gianna, in real life I'd probably loathe a person like Edina or Patsy, because they're so grotesque. But on screen it just works so well, because secretly we all would like to be like them every now and then :lol:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 09 Jun 2009, 17:11

Philippa wrote:I agree Gianna, in real life I'd probably loathe a person like Edina or Patsy, because they're so grotesque. But on screen it just works so well, because secretly we all would like to be like them every now and then :lol:

Haha, that is beautifully put babe. (''you could put that on a sticker or something!") And yeah, you're all right actually: I'd despite them too, but on the other hand, you can even see that in the series. But the fact that they're constantly supporting each other it literally everything they do, makes them more grotesque. Did you ever notice how Edina almost becomes normal when Patsy's in hospital?

I'm convinced that Edina really is ''good'' in some ways: Pats, on the other hand, is a total bitch, but that has probably something to do with her youth too. These little flashbacks are so funny that you almost forget they actually have a meaning (I think) as they sort of explain the nasty characteristics of Patsy's character.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 16 Aug 2009, 18:27

Re: The Edina appreciation topic

Oh, I love Edina... :lol:

Gay in New York:

Just fabulous:

Don't you just love that character? :lolol:
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 27 Jan 2010, 17:10

Hahah I truly do! The partnership between Edina and Patsy is just one of the best ever, you can't help but love them!

Edina's wardrobe is pretty special too, but I love the Pucci clothes she wears, for example, the whole Pucci outfit in Iso Tank (outburst at Saffy scene :D)
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 27 Jan 2010, 18:59

Haha, well '''special'' is a rather flattering way to describe her wardrobe. :lol: The clothing itself isn't really that hideous, it's just that she matches literally everything. I'm really still suprised the designers let Jennifer wear all their stuff - Lacroix must have a good sense of humour!
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 27 Jan 2010, 19:28

These picture's are great. They seem soo much better when they are big like this. :happy:
<<

Cheers_Thanks_Alot

Really New Avenger

Post 15 Jul 2010, 10:05

Mara wrote:Oh, I love Edina... :lol:
Don't you just love that character? :lolol:

I love her too !!

She's just actually fabulous. :heart:

Return to Absolutely Fabulous