Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

The last scene of series one

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 21 Oct 2008, 21:21

The last scene of series one

Philippa wrote:And I agree, that last scene of series 1 is just heartbreaking. The first time I totally didn't see it coming, but now every time I watch it, I start crying in advance because I know it's coming... :cry:

I don't cry very easily at television series at all but I absolutely agree here.

Here are some few screencaps:

It seems so dramatic, but it isn't, because it is so brilliantly acted..
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 21 Oct 2008, 21:40

Re: The final scene of series one

I cry very easily.
Lauren, Hanneke, Tilda and Helen can confirm that :lol:

Those pics *sniff* :cry:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 21 Oct 2008, 22:15

Philippa wrote:I cry very easily. Lauren, Hanneke, Tilda and Helen can confirm that.

Haha, you didn't completely blubber in front of Jen I hope? :lol:

Philippa wrote:Those pics *sniff*

:hug: I know I didn't capture the real final ending (Davina shouting for help) though. It wouldn't fit the previous caps, I think.
<<

Philippa

Post 12 Jan 2009, 10:35

Every time I look at those caps, I have this intens feeling of sadness coming over me. I never though television could leave such an impact on a person, but with Jo I guess anything is possible :wub:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

AbFabLaur89

Administrator

Post 13 Jan 2009, 07:32

Charm wrote:
Philippa wrote:I cry very easily. Lauren, Hanneke, Tilda and Helen can confirm that.

Haha, you didn't completely blubber in front of Jen I hope? :lol:

Philippa wrote:Those pics *sniff*

:hug: I know I didn't capture the real final ending (Davina shouting for help) though. It wouldn't fit the previous caps, I think.

Awwww no, no blubbing in front of Jen lol...It was when we were all saying goodbye to each other! :cry: :hug: :heart: I was actually more angry at that moment, when we were exchanging hugs and kisses and "I love you's" and "I'll miss you's!" It was the wierdest thing. It was mostly because I knew that this meant it was back to the daily grind, our dream weekend was over, and that I was going to be flying back across the Atlantic less than 24 hrs. later. I was depressed as shit after the second F&S show, just coming down off of that fantastic, unimitatible high :( So adding to that the fact that I had to say goodbye to my best friends the next day, really sucked majorly. I had my blub later on in private, after the anger had subsided lol.

Right right right, anyway, back on topic LOL..Oh my gosh, what a heartwarming but also heartbreaking final scene for series 1. Truly adorable how she climbs into bed with Al and they just snuggle for those few moments....guhhhhh :cloud9: Davina realised how much she truly loved him still...just too late :cry:

Ohh, fantastic caps btw Maartje, thanks babe!!! :heart:
No Room For Secrets
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 26 Oct 2009, 22:53

I just watched it again, and cried. I do wonder if I'll ever get over this bittersweet scene. I don't think so. :crybaby:
<<

Philippa

Post 26 Oct 2009, 23:18

I can hardly think about that scene without welling up, let alone watch it :cry:

Your caps are all gone btw, did you move them within your photobucket account?

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 27 Oct 2009, 07:10

Philippa wrote:I can hardly think about that scene without welling up, let alone watch it :cry:

Aw, poor darling... We should watch it together sometime, with a huge box of tissues.

I deleted my old Photobucket account a while ago, so that's why they're all gone. But I can redo the caps if you want? :wink:
<<

Georgia

Donkey

Post 28 Oct 2009, 14:55

I really liked the way they ended it. It was sad that he died, of course, but that part where she just let her coat fall to the floor, took her shoes off and climbed into bed with him was absolutely gorgeous. I also like that they didn't actually show him dying but still showed the drama of it happening. After watching the scene with Joanna running into the hall screaming for help, I was so happy I had series 2 ready to go because if I had been watching it when it really aired and had to wait forever for the new series to start, it would have driven me insane!!
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 10 Apr 2010, 20:59

Would you be able to repost the caps Mara? I'm doing the prep for my Sensitive Skin essay and they would be v useful!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"

Return to Sensitive Skin