Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

The music used in the series

<<

Marina_Wilkie

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Favourite: Sapphire & Steel

Post 17 Apr 2013, 23:22

Re: The music used in the series

It was really wierd, I downloaded the piece of music usd for the main theme tune in Sensitive skin, and I listen to it all the time. But then I went to work ( I help my abllet techer) and she played it on the stereo and did exercises to it!!< Crazy!!
<<

blossom

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 29 Apr 2013, 09:49

For Georgina and others who have been seeking the answer to what is the piano piece featured in series 1, episode 3 - with the benefit of a iphone app called shazam that can identify sound from a few seconds playback, I finally discovered this to be 'Nocturne in B Flat Op 16 no 4', by Polish composer, Ignacy Jan Paderewski, and the pianist was stated to be Stephen Hough and available on a compilation CD he released.

The Nocturne in B flat major is the fourth in a series of 7 miscellanea for piano published in 1888, when Paderewski was 28 years old. He regularly featured individual items from this series in his own concert performances - not necessarily in the order listed. Nos. 2,4, 5,6 and 7 - including the Nocturne - are dedicated to Princess R. Bassaraba de Brancovan - to whom Paderewski's Polish Fantasy is also dedicated.

There are several versions available on youtube, and the two that I like the most after listening to quite a few are:

Alicja Fiderkiewicz
12th Chethams International Summer School for Pianists, Mancester University Aug 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx7IZeMDp1s

Jonathan Plowright plays Paderewski Nocturne Op 16 No.4 (1888)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo77tRI8epY
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 29 Apr 2013, 09:55

Thanks for the info Blossom, and welcome :grin:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 29 Apr 2013, 10:57

Thanks very much! And welcome indeed. :wave:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 30 Apr 2013, 10:41

Thank you very much, I admire people who have that much knowledge of music so that they can identify those kind of music! :worship:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Marina_Wilkie

Post 07 May 2013, 21:19

Just downloaded all of this music onto my Ipod to help me revise, classical music is so good to study to (especially if its from SS!!!!), and I bought the DVDs over the past week so I can watch them over and over again without having to worry about giving them back to anyone :) so happy!!
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 08 May 2013, 09:45

It's the perfect music to listen to while studying, I agree :yes: It's just so relaxing and soothing.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Marina_Wilkie

Post 08 May 2013, 21:00

Yess!!, it blocks everything out compleatly, love it so much I end up humming it all day hahaa
Previous

Return to Sensitive Skin