Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

The Purdey bob

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 27 Mar 2009, 17:14

Re: Her hair

Maartje wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Mind you, the bob falls in such lovely layers when Gambit picks her up in Target and carries her off. Ahem. 'scuse me... :wub:

Oh, I know what you mean.. :cloud9:

Ah well, I think we can say without doubt that she looks good anyway. Even bold. (yes, there is a picture of that in the Continuity book) :lol:

It just flops back so nicely, and she's all sort of draped in his arms and...*heavy sigh* Where's my DVD? :wub:

Joanna? Bald? Eek! :lol: I don't think Gambit could handle that. :wink:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 27 Mar 2009, 17:26

Ahahah go get your dvd girl! :lol:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 27 Mar 2009, 17:36

Philippa wrote:Ahahah go get your dvd girl! :lol:

It's at home! Argh! :hypnose:
<<

Philippa

Post 27 Mar 2009, 17:38

Oh no!!

Erm..go watch them on my YouTube account :lol:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 27 Mar 2009, 17:46

Philippa wrote:Oh no!!

I'm in class at the moment! I should be listening! :blush: But now I'm thinking about Purdey/Gambit romance.
<<

Philippa

Post 27 Mar 2009, 17:49

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Philippa wrote:Oh no!!

I'm in class at the moment! I should be listening! :blush: But now I'm thinking about Purdey/Gambit romance.

AHAHAHA naughty naughty :lol:

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 27 Mar 2009, 17:52

Hey! I think about the fanfics in class very often too! :lol: What's better than a romantic story when you've got maths to learn?

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Joanna? Bald? Eek! :lol: I don't think Gambit could handle that. :wink:

When I looked at that page I was kinda shocked too, but even then she's still beautiful, I think it was taken when the were preparing for the ageing scenes in series 3. Jennifer probably thought it would be funny to publish these - the pictures in Continuity are mainly ones of Joanna, and I love how she always poses for the camera, even if it's only a close-up of her hair, haha.

Anyway - back to the topic. There's something about Joanna and her hair - it's either a legendary bob or the fab Patsy coupe... but it somehow always suits her. :d
<<

JadoreJoLumley

Donkey

Post 27 Mar 2009, 20:35

I love this photo....sorry if i'm not posting it in the right bit guys.....I'm a good girl i am..... :happy:

She looks so cute with her hat coming down over her eyes :wub:

Oh it's a small shoe....
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 27 Mar 2009, 20:37

We have an actual section for pictures (also for Avengers stuff) and I see the link doesn't work, so I'll upload it and post it there for you.. It's Ok though, the picture is lovely, so thanks for linking! :smooch:

Edit: I see the picture works now. Thanks for posting, it's lovely!
<<

JadoreJoLumley

Donkey

Post 27 Mar 2009, 20:52

yeh i noticed after i posted hat you had a new avengers pics thread. i shall know for futue reference now though :wink:

it is such a cute photo, and she still looks the same, face wise. this woman just does not seem to age. :happy:

Oh it's a small shoe....
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 27 Mar 2009, 20:54

JadoreJoLumley wrote:this woman just does not seem to age. :happy:

True... I've just scrolled through all the pictures from NRFS, and her face (nor her beauty) has changed at all over the years. How does she do it? :wink:
<<

Philippa

Post 27 Mar 2009, 20:58

Her face doesn't change at all. I'm watching TNA now, and looking at the forum header at the same time and I don't see any differences.
*cough*freakofnature*cough*
And I mean that in the most loving way possible of course :wub: :heart: :cloud9:

<<

JadoreJoLumley

Donkey

Post 27 Mar 2009, 21:11

she has obviously been using paralox :lmao:

I think she is just one of those woman who just dont seem to lose their beauty, another being meryl streep and jennifer too. they all look fab for their age.

Oh it's a small shoe....
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 27 Mar 2009, 21:21

I think she actually became more beautiful while ageing - same goes for Jen Saunders. Must be some kind of supernatural genes or something, haha. :lol:
<<

Philippa

Post 27 Mar 2009, 21:25

Maartje wrote:I think she actually became more beautiful while ageing - same goes for Jen Saunders.

That is definitely true! :heart:

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 27 Mar 2009, 23:06

Maartje wrote:Hey! I think about the fanfics in class very often too! :lol: What's better than a romantic story when you've got maths to learn?

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Joanna? Bald? Eek! :lol: I don't think Gambit could handle that. :wink:

When I looked at that page I was kinda shocked too, but even then she's still beautiful, I think it was taken when the were preparing for the ageing scenes in series 3. Jennifer probably thought it would be funny to publish these - the pictures in Continuity are mainly ones of Joanna, and I love how she always poses for the camera, even if it's only a close-up of her hair, haha.

Anyway - back to the topic. There's something about Joanna and her hair - it's either a legendary bob or the fab Patsy coupe... but it somehow always suits her. :d

I never use the computer in class, but today, well, it was Friday, and there were no notes to take, so...

I find I'm so much more motivated to write when I should be doing something else. :lolol:
<<

Philippa

Post 27 Mar 2009, 23:11

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I find I'm so much more motivated to write when I should be doing something else. :lolol:

Don't we all :lolol:

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 28 Mar 2009, 00:24

Philippa wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I find I'm so much more motivated to write when I should be doing something else. :lolol:

Don't we all :lolol:

Sad but true. :wink:
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Post 17 Sep 2009, 23:31

I've grown to like it after these years - I used to hate it. It looks far better when the fringe is long (as in Timeless' sig) or swept to one side (as in Philippa's sig), but worse with the more severe cut across the eyebrows. But only Joanna can pull it off. On others it looks dreadful!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 31 May 2010, 02:46

Re: The Purdey bob

There was a tiny little piece on John Frieda, the man behind the Purdey bob, in this week's People magazine, so I thought I'd share, if only for the picture. I think he's aged very well:

You can, of course, see John as he was in those heady seventies days here. ^^
<<

Philippa

Post 31 May 2010, 07:28

Ooh thanks Timeless!
I love his products. I usually buy John Frieda shampoo and sometimes other haircare products too, though they're bloody expensive :lol:

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 31 May 2010, 17:11

Philippa wrote:Ooh thanks Timeless!
I love his products. I usually buy John Frieda shampoo and sometimes other haircare products too, though they're bloody expensive :lol:

I love the John Frieda ads on TV and the magazines because they look so different from American ads--and the TV spots have a British-accented voiceover lady, of course. :lol: Plus, I get a little thrill because I know it's the guy behind the Purdey bob. ^^ So I thought I'd pass it along since it had a picture. Do you feel all Purdeyed up when you use his products? :lmao:
<<

Sophie

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Post 03 Jun 2010, 11:46

Bit random, but thought i'd post. Lady Gaga is apparently wearing a 'purdey bob' in her new alejandro music video. :grin: There is a sneak peek of it, on youtube, it looks... interesting, but i like it. Joanna looks better in it though ahah.
<<

Avengerdan

Lumley Looney

Post 03 Jun 2010, 14:32

Perhaps it's making a comeback - I saw a woman out with one yesterday.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 03 Jun 2010, 17:28

Avengerdan wrote:Perhaps it's making a comeback - I saw a woman out with one yesterday.

Well, everything else from the seventies is coming back--why not the bob? :grin:
PreviousNext

Return to The New Avengers