Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

The title

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 27 Mar 2009, 22:32

The title

So, I've been thinking about the title a lot lately, since it is only revealed once in the last episode of series 1 (''you and your sensitive skin'') but it's still not very clear. I still haven't exactly figured out the different meanings, so I wonder what you guys think about it.
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 27 Mar 2009, 22:39

Re: The title

"You and your sensitive skin", that's the first thing that came to mind when I saw the title of this topic.
But I find it hard to come up with an explanation too, why exactly is it called 'Sensitive Skin'?
Could it possible have anything to do with the fact that Davina isn't very comfortable in her own skin anymore, and therefore she's very sensitive. Am I making any sense here or am I just talking bollocks? :lol:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 27 Mar 2009, 22:41

No, that does make sense! Of course it has got something to do with Al who is literally very sensitive, but there is less simple explanation to it as well, but I haven't figured it out yet...
<<

Philippa

Post 27 Mar 2009, 22:43

Davina's very sensitive as to what other people think of her, that's definitely one thing.
On the other hand, that goes for many of the characters in the series.
Anyway, perhaps another idea to put in your letter? ;)

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 27 Mar 2009, 22:46

Philippa wrote:Anyway, perhaps another idea to put in your letter? ;)

Haha, well that sort demands for an answer back.. :lol: I still haven't figured this out yet - there are many explanations, maybe that is the whole point, that there isn't just one clear reason for picking this title... It's interesting though, just like the series itself. You need to watch it a couple of times in order to really understand it.
<<

Philippa

Post 27 Mar 2009, 22:48

Maartje wrote:
Philippa wrote:Anyway, perhaps another idea to put in your letter? ;)

Haha, well that sort demands for an answer back..

So..? :whistle:

Return to Sensitive Skin