Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

The 'Trap' episode

<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 14 May 2009, 17:36

The 'Trap' episode

I've only seen this episode once, so my memory is a bit blurry. Guess I'll have this episode too tonight.
My my I am busy aren't I :lol:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Eric

Sweetie Darling

Post 14 May 2009, 17:45

Re: Latest episode you've seen *spoilers*

Timeless A-Peel wrote:As it is, I try to love the bits I can, like Purdey tackling Gambit and her American accent. "Let's head 'em off at the pass." "Purdey, there isn't a pass, but I can always make one if you're in the mood." :lolol:

:great: Love that bit too ...
Sooo funny !
A typical Gambit remark ... lol
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 14 May 2009, 17:52

Eric wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:As it is, I try to love the bits I can, like Purdey tackling Gambit and her American accent. "Let's head 'em off at the pass." "Purdey, there isn't a pass, but I can always make one if you're in the mood." :lolol:

:great: Love that bit too ...
Sooo funny !
A typical Gambit remark ... lol

I love it that they have them playing tennis, too. Gambit in seventies shorts! Surely that must be worth the price of admission! :lol:
<<

Eric

Sweetie Darling

Post 14 May 2009, 18:02

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I love it that they have them playing tennis, too. Gambit in seventies shorts! Surely that must be worth the price of admission! :lol:

I'll watch Purdey instead ... :whistle:
It seems this isn't such a bad episode after all ! :lolol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 14 May 2009, 18:16

Eric wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I love it that they have them playing tennis, too. Gambit in seventies shorts! Surely that must be worth the price of admission! :lol:

I'll watch Purdey instead ... :whistle:
It seems this isn't such a bad episode after all ! :lolol:

We're finding more and more good things about it, aren't we? :brows: We're such good optimists. :lolol:

Another good bit is Purdey using her underthings to bandage up Steed's arm:

G: "With bandages of this quality, I might break a leg."
P: "Promises, promises."
G: "Amnesia. Result of the crash. She's forgotten how fond of me she is."

:lol:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 14 May 2009, 18:32

Haha, I love that quote! Poor Steed gets of worse though, as he's the one running around with a broken arm...

I love how she takes a dive into the bushes in order to stop Gambit... ''PURDEY!" ''Sorry. It was Steed's idea!'' :lolol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 14 May 2009, 18:39

Maartje wrote:Haha, I love that quote! Poor Steed gets of worse though, as he's the one running around with a broken arm...

I love how she takes a dive into the bushes in order to stop Gambit... ''PURDEY!" ''Sorry. It was Steed's idea!'' :lolol:

That part's hilarious! It's such an undginified tackle. Purdey just grabs him round the waste and they both go down like a sack of potatoes. Smooth. :lol:

Another great bit is where Steed and Gambit get into an argument about who worries about whom:

S: Don't worry about me.
G: Don't you ever worry about me?
S: *looks pointedly at Purdey* Sometimes.
G: Then what's wrong with me worrying about you? Nothing in the rulebook that says I can't worry about you.
P: Look, this is all very touching...

I love watching Purdey during that bit. Watch Joanna. She actually rolls her eyes at one point. "Men. Naturally they choose the worse time to express their feelings." :lol:
<<

Philippa

Post 14 May 2009, 19:31

^I've just been watching Trap, and I wanted to share that conversation here, but you beat me to it Timeless!
Men, they always pick the wrong moment to start acting all emotional and caring :lol:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 14 May 2009, 19:35

Philippa wrote:^I've just been watching Trap, and I wanted to share that conversation here, but you beat me to it Timeless!
Men, they always pick the wrong moment to start acting all emotional and caring :lol:

I'd forgotten about it until that moment, to be honest. Sorry! But it's a great scene. The great thing about TNA is because there are three of them, when 2 are talking, you can watch the third, and chances are they're doing something. Usually it's Gambit. Gareth does more stuff in the background than any actor I've ever seen. But Purdey's eyerolls steal this one. Steed and Gambit getting touchy-feely is funny in itself, though. "Don't you care?" You keep waiting for them to hug. Except for Steed's bad arm, of course. :lol:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 14 May 2009, 19:36

I'll join in the Trap conversation, as I've also just finished watching it. Brilliant episode, nice to see the three of them act together for once, and I love Purdey's last line, haha. (''Chinese take-away'') :lolol:
<<

Eric

Sweetie Darling

Post 14 May 2009, 19:37

I'm gonna stop saying good things about this episode .
Before I know it'll become my fav episode ... and I don't want that to happen ! :rolleyes: :d
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 14 May 2009, 19:40

Re: The 'Trap' episode

As everyone's obviously rather fond of this episode, I've decided to split the old topic, and create a new one for it.. :wink: So chat away!

I'll really need to add this one to my favorites, it is by far one of the best ones they've done. The plot is quite Ok (not brilliant) but I love the interaction that's going on between the three of them, and it has some very funny (and quotable!) lines.

And I entirely forgot about the scene on board of the plane - clever! However, as I'm already quite scared of flying, I'm affraid this will only make it worse... :lolol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 14 May 2009, 19:42

Eric wrote:I'm gonna stop saying good things about this episode .
Before I know it'll become my fav episode ... and I don't want that to happen ! :rolleyes: :d

The episode police will be coming soon. "We hear you're guilty of liking Trap. We must now search this forum for flattering comments about Gnaws and The Gladiators. We're on to you." :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 14 May 2009, 19:42

Maartje wrote:As everyone's obviously rather fond of this episode, I've decided to split the old topic, and create a new one for it.. :wink: So chat away!

I'll really need to add this one to my favorites, it is by far one of the best ones they've done. The plot is quite Ok (not brilliant) but I love the interaction that's going on between the three of them, and it has some very funny (and quotable!) lines.

And I entirely forgot about the scene on board of the plane - clever! However, as I'm already quite scared of flying, I'm affraid this will only make it worse... :lolol:

A lot of the character interaction saves many scenes--it's just the baddie and the drug idea that let it down.

And yes, the plane scenes won't help your flying fear. But hey, if there's a Gambit on board, he can save you! :lol:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 14 May 2009, 19:47

Let's hope for the best indeed! You're thinking of just getting safely on a plane, until you notice that you've actually been locked up, and some Asian baddie is trying to kill you with some toxic gas... that's soothing thought! :lolol:
<<

Philippa

Post 14 May 2009, 19:49

I agree, plot-wise it's quite a weak episode. But the strong dialogues make up for that. Dialogue-wise it's one of the stronger episodes in my opinion.
The only episode I really don't like is The Gladiators. I don't really mind Gnaws to be honest :blush:
*Spots episode police and runs*

<<

Eric

Sweetie Darling

Post 14 May 2009, 19:50

Timeless A-Peel wrote:The episode police will be coming soon. "We hear you're guilty of liking Trap. We must now search this forum for flattering comments about Gnaws and The Gladiators. We're on to you." :lol:

:lol:

Don't put ideas in my head about Gnaws & The Gladiators Timeless !
PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ... :d
<<

Eric

Sweetie Darling

Post 14 May 2009, 19:53

Philippa wrote:I don't really mind Gnaws to be honest :blush:

You're now officially black listed by the episode police !
Run Philippa , run !! :lolol:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 14 May 2009, 19:54

Darlings, I didn't create a seperated topic for Trap for you to discuss Gnaws and the Gladiators! :spam: :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 14 May 2009, 19:56

Philippa wrote:I agree, plot-wise it's quite a weak episode. But the strong dialogues make up for that. Dialogue-wise it's one of the stronger episodes in my opinion.
The only episode I really don't like is The Gladiators. I don't really mind Gnaws to be honest :blush:

Gnaws actually has its good points, too--it's just the giant rat at the end that lets it down. (Sorry Eric!) :wink:

Make sure you hide that copy of the 50000 Breakfast while you're running Philippa. They may start auditing the Emmas as well. :wink:
<<

Philippa

Post 14 May 2009, 19:58

Shush, we're just comparing episodes :lol:
Anyway, I'm an admin, and I'm ok with it. (ooohh, getting all bossy now)

<<

Eric

Sweetie Darling

Post 14 May 2009, 20:00

Maartje wrote:Darlings, I didn't create a seperated topic for Trap for you to discuss Gnaws and the Gladiators! :spam: :lol:

LOL , sorry angel ... :wink:

You heard it girls , only Trap related talk allowed ... :lol:
<<

Philippa

Post 14 May 2009, 20:02

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Philippa wrote:I agree, plot-wise it's quite a weak episode. But the strong dialogues make up for that. Dialogue-wise it's one of the stronger episodes in my opinion.

Gnaws actually has its good points, too--it's just the giant rat at the end that lets it down. (Sorry Eric!) :wink:

Make sure you hide that copy of the 50000 Breakfast while you're running Philippa. They may start auditing the Emmas as well. :wink:

I don't mind that one either. Though I prefer 'Death of a Great Dane'.
Right and now we'll get back on topic :lol:

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 07 Jun 2009, 17:50

Watching the series

Trap, one of the worst episodes? I do not agree at all - alright, so the diabolical mastermind might not have been as good, but who cares? (I've seen more episodes with less convincing baddies)

The teamwork's really good on the other hand, and it has some of the most exciting TNA scenes I've seen. (the one where all three get kidnapped on a plane) It's a great one, I think.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 07 Jun 2009, 18:15

Re: Watching the series

Maartje wrote:Trap, one of the worst episodes? I do not agree at all - alright, so the diabolical mastermind might not have been as good, but who cares? (I've seen more episodes with less convincing baddies)

The teamwork's really good on the other hand, and it has some of the most exciting TNA scenes I've seen. (the one where all three get kidnapped on a plane) It's a great one, I think.

It's almost universally panned, but there are definitely some great team interactions in that one. It's fun having all three of them together for so much of the episode. If it weren't for Soo Choy, it'd probably be one of the best episodes.
Next

Return to The New Avengers