Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)

<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 05 Jan 2014, 10:00

Re: The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)

I wonder when the movie will be out in Germany. I'm definately going to go as I like Leo, too, he's a great actor. Maybe I'll get really lucky and they will show it in English, that would be fab!
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Beth Swift

Target

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 23 Jan 2014, 17:28

Hey guys :) So I went to see Wolf of Wall Street last Friday (first night in Britain- catch me ;D) and geez. Joanna is not in that enough D: I mean, she has THE best line, and that notorious kissing scene was pretty awesome; but seriously- she should have been more than a cameo D:

Gave myself brownie points for spotting her in the wedding scene. Think that deserves some credit ;D
Anyhoo, yeah, thanks (: x
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 28 Jan 2014, 10:42

Beth Swift wrote:Hey guys :) So I went to see Wolf of Wall Street last Friday (first night in Britain- catch me ;D) and geez. Joanna is not in that enough D: I mean, she has THE best line, and that notorious kissing scene was pretty awesome; but seriously- she should have been more than a cameo D:

Gave myself brownie points for spotting her in the wedding scene. Think that deserves some credit ;D
Anyhoo, yeah, thanks (: x

I agree with you. I went to see the movie yesterday. If one is lucky they show the movie for just one day in it's original version. And they did, so I had to go there. I loved Joanna in there, too short, of course, but she really had a great scene and I was a bit envious that she got to kiss Leonardo. But the movie was great and I think Leo would deserve an Oscar for that.

And yes, I did spot her in the wedding scene, too :hyper:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 29 Jan 2014, 00:15

I still haven't seen it, despite the positive reviews in the Dutch press (downloaded a cam version and watched Joanna's little scene, but don't tell anybody) :whistle: It's supposed to be really good, let's hope this will finally be enough for Leo to win a precious Oscar. :wink:
<<

Beth Swift

Target

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 29 Jan 2014, 15:54

LunaFive wrote:I agree with you. I went to see the movie yesterday. If one is lucky they show the movie for just one day in it's original version. And they did, so I had to go there. I loved Joanna in there, too short, of course, but she really had a great scene and I was a bit envious that she got to kiss Leonardo. But the movie was great and I think Leo would deserve an Oscar for that.

And yes, I did spot her in the wedding scene, too :hyper:

She was fabulous though! "Is he f**king hitting on me?"- priceless :D And awwh don't let the jealousy overwhelm you :tongue: Although its Leo, so that might be easy ;D
I loved his performance; the film as a whole was a bit seedy for me, but yah, I hope he gets an Oscar for it! :D

Haha, that was a glorious moment. Silent cinema, and then suddenly, just me like "OMG, RIGHT HAND CORNER JDSDLMS" *high five* for spotting it, too- hehe :3 :dance:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 09 Feb 2014, 23:20

Haha yes the "is he fucking hitting on me?" bit was hilarious :lmao:

But bloody hell that film was long though. They could've easily told the story in 2 hours rather than 3. It was just way too long.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 20 Feb 2014, 07:06

It sure was a bit long but since I was waiting for Joanna's scene, it wasn't that bad. I will buy the DVD for sure as I'd like to rewatch the "is he fucking hitting on me"-scene, it was just too funny!
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 24 Feb 2014, 00:45

Philippa wrote:But bloody hell that film was long though. They could've easily told the story in 2 hours rather than 3. It was just way too long.

Read a couple of press reviews saying that it could have done with a lot less scenes of him rolling around in money and flirting with naked girls. That's Hollywood for you :lol:
Previous

Return to Other