Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Totally newbie says Hi

<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 16 Mar 2010, 13:36

Totally newbie says Hi

Hello!
Yesterday I found this forum (although I'm following you on Twitter, I never really thought of looking out for the forum itself) and I am thrilled to be here.
What can I say about me? My name is Britta and I am from Germany. I have to admit, I'm a totally newbie when it comes to Joanna. I only started to watch AbFab last November (yes, shame on me, I know) and what can I say? I saw Joanna and that was it. I became a fan instantly... so by now I bought a few DVDs (money won't allow to buy ALL DVDs she's in at once), her books (reading NRFS right now), heard a lot of her audio books (again and again and again) and I'm in awe. But what do I tell you, I'm sure it's how you all feel about her, too. I was very taken by her documentary about the Northern Lights and when I read about her journey in the Kingdom of the Thunder Dragon I wish some programme would air the documentary again, so that I might see it. What else? Girl Friday... impressing, impressing, impressing. Okay, before you all fall by reading my introduction, I'll call it a day for now... by the way, English is not my mother language, so please forgive my typos, gramma errors etc.
Have a good day everyone!
LunaFive :happy:
*Listen to the song of life*
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 16 Mar 2010, 15:02

Re: Totally newbie says Hi

Hello Britta!

Welcome the the forum, nice to have you here! Nice to read that you're enjoying Joanna's work so much, if you want any tips on what to buy next... :wink:

Have fun!
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 16 Mar 2010, 15:19

Hi Britta!

Welcome to the forum, it is fabulous to have you here! I'm so impressed that you are building up your Joanna collection already- you've picked some of the best things!
Looking forward to chatting soon.

Laura x
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 16 Mar 2010, 17:20

Welcome, Britta! :wave: Always nice to meet another Joanna fan. :yes:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 17 Mar 2010, 00:04

Hi Britta :wave:
Welcome to the forum honey.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 17 Mar 2010, 09:44

Thanks for the nice welcome messages!
Well, I could always need some tips to what to buy next. Yesterday the "Sensitive Skin" DVDs arrived, so guess what I'll be watching tonight????
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 17 Mar 2010, 13:44

Sensitive Skin is amazing- let us know what you think!
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 17 Mar 2010, 14:03

I will!

lauraemilyd wrote:Sensitive Skin is amazing- let us know what you think!
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Post 17 Mar 2010, 14:44

Oh yes it's brilliant! Have fun watching.
Also, when you've got a moment, have a look in Sensitive Skin section of the forum. We visited a few of the filming locations a couple of weeks ago :grin:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 17 Mar 2010, 17:14

LunaFive wrote:Thanks for the nice welcome messages!
Well, I could always need some tips to what to buy next. Yesterday the "Sensitive Skin" DVDs arrived, so guess what I'll be watching tonight????

If you're looking for more Joanna loveliness, you may want to check out The New Avengers, her first big break. She does some wonderful stunts, and her byplay with her co-star, Gareth Hunt, is brilliant. (And yes, I'm also a huge TNA fan, so I'm always plugging the show. :grin: )
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 17 Mar 2010, 17:43

Timeless A-Peel wrote:(And yes, I'm also a huge TNA fan, so I'm always plugging the show. :grin: )

Are you darling? Never once noticed that. :whistle: We should open up a TNA vs. AbFab topic, that would be fun. :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 17 Mar 2010, 17:57

Mara wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:(And yes, I'm also a huge TNA fan, so I'm always plugging the show. :grin: )

Are you darling? Never once noticed that. :whistle: We should open up a TNA vs. AbFab topic, that would be fun. :lol:

That'd be one strange, demented topic. :lmao: Do we start by evaluating who would win in a fight: Gambit or Patsy? :lmao:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 17 Mar 2010, 18:46

Hm, nice idea actually. I wonder who would win when it would come to alcohol - good old Pats or Gambit? :lol:
<<

Froggie

Obsession

Post 17 Mar 2010, 21:12

Hi Britta and welcome on board!
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 18 Mar 2010, 07:03

Well, I watched the first 3 episodes. Joanna was great, but to be honest, I find this show - how should I put it - strange? I mean, I am not sure if it's a drama, a comedy or what the concept is. Maybe I'll need to re-watch it after I'm through, I admit that sometimes it's a bit hard to understand (him), Joanna is fine but he speaks very quick and I need to adjust to that.

So you visited some locations? That's cool!
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 18 Mar 2010, 07:05

I never saw an episode of TNA, I really have to check that out. I like Patrick MacNee so it sure will be great to watch the show. Thanks for the hint
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 18 Mar 2010, 09:51

LunaFive wrote:Well, I watched the first 3 episodes. Joanna was great, but to be honest, I find this show - how should I put it - strange? I mean, I am not sure if it's a drama, a comedy or what the concept is.

It's a drama series, but with a touch of very dark humour. I can see why you don't really understand it, but keep on watching. Not much happens in the first three episodes, but you'll see why if you'll be patient and keep on watching. :wink:

We have visited some filming locations actually, like Davina's art gallery and Clapham High str., and the Chelsea river boats from series 2. You can find the pictures on the Sensitve Skin board!
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 18 Mar 2010, 13:31

Of course I'm going to watch the whole series. you made me curious about the first 3 epsisodes being not so eventful, I'll try to watch more tonight.

I'll check out the pictures of the locations later, I need to read my way through all the treads, there is so much to see.

Mara wrote:
LunaFive wrote:Well, I watched the first 3 episodes. Joanna was great, but to be honest, I find this show - how should I put it - strange? I mean, I am not sure if it's a drama, a comedy or what the concept is.

It's a drama series, but with a touch of very dark humour. I can see why you don't really understand it, but keep on watching. Not much happens in the first three episodes, but you'll see why if you'll be patient and keep on watching. :wink:

We have visited some filming locations actually, like Davina's art gallery and Clapham High str., and the Chelsea river boats from series 2. You can find the pictures on the Sensitve Skin board!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 Mar 2010, 17:40

LunaFive wrote:I never saw an episode of TNA, I really have to check that out. I like Patrick MacNee so it sure will be great to watch the show. Thanks for the hint

It's a wonderful series if you give it a chance. I hope you enjoy it when you see it. :yes:

Mara wrote:Hm, nice idea actually. I wonder who would win when it would come to alcohol - good old Pats or Gambit? :lol:

Patsy, no question. Gambit was always getting shown up in the liquor department with Purdey anyway. :lol:
<<

LunaFive

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 18 Mar 2010, 19:35

I will give it a try for sure!
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 18 Mar 2010, 19:43

Glad you're getting in to SS!!

I love the idea of TNA vs. Ab Fab- hahah, Patsy or Gambit? I would say its an even competition!!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 Mar 2010, 19:45

lauraemilyd wrote:Glad you're getting in to SS!!

I love the idea of TNA vs. Ab Fab- hahah, Patsy or Gambit? I would say its an even competition!!

Patsy is the trippy nightmare Gambit has after he's been out drinking. :wink:
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 18 Mar 2010, 19:47

^ HAHAHA!
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 18 Mar 2010, 20:08

lauraemilyd wrote:^ HAHAHA!

Or she's possibly Purdey's hard-living third cousin, twice-removed, whom he met at the family reunion, and now fears he'll wake up next to her one day. Purdey considered putting her hair up one day, and couldn't understand why he started weeping. :whistle:
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 18 Mar 2010, 20:11

Oh I totally love this description!
Next

Return to Welcome