Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Hello from just outside London!

<<

mike

Don't Just Lie There, Post Something!

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 06 Nov 2014, 19:13

Hello from just outside London!

My first posting here on this rather splendid-looking forum!
This London-born cinema and TV loving chap first fell in love with Miss Lumley as Purdey in the excellent The New Avengers. Have been trying to watch everything she has done since then. Other highlights are A Class Act and some of Joanna's recent travel documentaries - the Nile, Greek Odyssey. I catch the occasional Ab Fab repeat when possible, too.
Sadly, never had the opportunity to meet Joanna. But I did manage to get a still personally dedicated when she made appearance at a movie memorabilia store in the West End a few years ago!
One day...
<<

mike

Post 06 Nov 2014, 19:31

Re: Hello from just outside London!

I must add that I did see details of this forum whilst uploading on The Avengers International Fan Forum site, should anyone ask how I got to be here...
<<

martyoreen

Sweetie Darling

Post 03 Dec 2014, 00:43

Love your avatar Mike :) Miss Lumley as Purdey....no better introduction to Joanna ! Welcome on board !
<<

mike

Post 25 Jan 2015, 18:11

Hi! Thanks for the welcome, martyoreen. Apologies for not replying sooner!
<<

mike

Post 25 Jan 2015, 18:13

And admins? Here I am! Got your emails, thank you. Sorry been away for a while - haven't noticed any new Joanna news to mention of late. As soon as I see or hear anything of note, I shall upload here, post-haste...
<<

martyoreen

Sweetie Darling

Post 11 Feb 2015, 10:54

mike wrote:Hi! Thanks for the welcome, martyoreen. Apologies for not replying sooner!

No problem :happy: You're certainly scoring brownie points with Purdey ....she's wearing her Mike t-shirt :thumb:
<<

Brianc1

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 15 Feb 2015, 17:00

Re Hello from just outside London

A short, lovely way you introduced yourself. A little bit more and you can pass for Joanna Lumley's look alike (smile). Welcome to the Forum. Joanna is really an accomplished actress. Her voice in the episodes is captivating and even more so in the Talking Books she narrated. It’s very much like wine – the older is gets the sweeter it is. No wonder she has endeared herself to so may people including the two of us.
Brianc1

Return to Welcome