Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

Vignettes

<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 25 Jun 2010, 18:41

Re: Vignettes

Ahaha so now there's a chance that neither of them will lose out on the bet. They might both actually be right :lmao:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 25 Jun 2010, 18:50

Philippa wrote:Ahaha so now there's a chance that neither of them will lose out on the bet. They might both actually be right :lmao:

This is true! :lmao: Naturally, Purdey is already thinking on this. She may have to change the rules. Nothing unusual for Purdey, then. :whistle:

Now the question is, is the world ready for twin Gambitlets? And more importantly, are Purdey and Gambit? :lolol:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 25 Jun 2010, 19:23

Philippa wrote:Ahaha so now there's a chance that neither of them will lose out on the bet. They might both actually be right :lmao:

Well, that depends but I won't go into biology. :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 25 Jun 2010, 19:27

Mara wrote:

Well, that depends but I won't go into biology. :lol:

Identical vs. fraternal. Don't worry, it'll all be discussed in future updates. :wink: (See how educational fic is? :lol: )
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 25 Jun 2010, 19:28

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Identical vs. fraternal. Don't worry, it'll all be discussed in future updates. :wink: (See how educational fic is? :lol: )

Yes. Shame I have just graduated and haven't studied biology for years. :lol:
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 25 Jun 2010, 19:32

Haha!
"Darling, sweetie, darling!"
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 25 Jun 2010, 19:34

Mara wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Identical vs. fraternal. Don't worry, it'll all be discussed in future updates. :wink: (See how educational fic is? :lol: )

Yes. Shame I have just graduated and haven't studied biology for years. :lol:

Well, we'll give you a quick primer then. But I'm not saying zip about the outcome until it happens. I've already lost one twist due to deduction. :lmao:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 25 Jun 2010, 19:41

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Well, we'll give you a quick primer then. But I'm not saying zip about the outcome until it happens. I've already lost one twist due to deduction. :lmao:

Oh, I wasn't aware we're keeping scores. But if so, I'm in - seems like I'm good at guessing. :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 25 Jun 2010, 19:44

Mara wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Well, we'll give you a quick primer then. But I'm not saying zip about the outcome until it happens. I've already lost one twist due to deduction. :lmao:

Oh, I wasn't aware we're keeping scores. But if so, I'm in - seems like I'm good at guessing. :lol:

Yes you are, curse you! :lmao: We're putting a scoreboard up, like in House vs. God. :lolol:

(You know I'm just kidding, right? I'm just happy anybody cares enough to even try to guess the twists. ^^ )
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 25 Jun 2010, 19:51

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Yes you are, curse you! :lmao: We're putting a scoreboard up, like in House vs. God. :lolol:

Sounds like fun! (do just know I love that particular episode right?) :lol:
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 25 Jun 2010, 19:57

Mara wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Yes you are, curse you! :lmao: We're putting a scoreboard up, like in House vs. God. :lolol:

Sounds like fun! (do just know I love that particular episode right?) :lol:

With a title like that, how could you not love it? :lmao: (Can't remember who won, though. Did God prevail in the end? :wink: )
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 26 Jul 2010, 00:55

There's a new scene up that I wrote a million years ago but only got around to uploading now. Don't know when I'll write fresh stuff, but this is still an update. Enjoy. :grin:
<<

Philippa

Post 26 Jul 2010, 21:58

Yay, loved the update :grin:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 26 Jul 2010, 22:00

I didn't expect a new scene soon, but it's lovely! I love the idea of twins, though the idea of having 5 children myself would scare me to death. :lolol:
<<

Philippa

Post 26 Jul 2010, 22:02

^Hahaha same here. 5 kids *shudder*

<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 27 Jul 2010, 00:34

Yay, thanks! I'll check this out now.
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 27 Jul 2010, 00:48

Love the update, love this story.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 27 Jul 2010, 01:49

Mara wrote:I didn't expect a new scene soon, but it's lovely! I love the idea of twins, though the idea of having 5 children myself would scare me to death. :lolol:

Well, like I said, it's old, but I figured I could post it. I'm glad you liked it, though. :grin:

Philippa wrote:^Hahaha same here. 5 kids *shudder*

Yeah, five kids terrifies me, too. :lol: But Purdey likes the idea, and you know what happens when she gets her mind set on something... :whistle: And anyway, what else would Purdey and Gambit have but organised chaos? :lmao:
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 27 Jul 2010, 02:26

Hehe i love it.
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 27 Jul 2010, 10:12

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Yeah, five kids terrifies me, too. :lol: But Purdey likes the idea, and you know what happens when she gets her mind set on something... :whistle: And anyway, what else would Purdey and Gambit have but organised chaos? :lmao:

I know but I mean, going through labour five times? Who would voluntarily do that? :unsure: Anyway... *clear throat* Yes, sorry guys. (hey, 75% of this forum member's are female, no surprise we start having female chats, right?)
<<

Philippa

Post 27 Jul 2010, 10:41

Mara wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Yeah, five kids terrifies me, too. :lol: But Purdey likes the idea, and you know what happens when she gets her mind set on something... :whistle: And anyway, what else would Purdey and Gambit have but organised chaos? :lmao:

I know but I mean, going through labour five times? Who would voluntarily do that? :unsure: Anyway... *clear throat* Yes, sorry guys. (hey, 75% of this forum member's are female, no surprise we start having female chats, right?)

Hahah my thoughts exactly :lol:

In Purdey's case it would just be 4 times though, but still: ouch!

<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 27 Jul 2010, 17:56

Philippa wrote:
Mara wrote:

Hahah my thoughts exactly :lol:

In Purdey's case it would just be 4 times though, but still: ouch!

Yeah, it's pretty daunting, isn't it? I'm already hoping that because twins run in my family that I can get two for one and cut down on the suffering. :lmao:

Purdey has to only do it four times, like Philippa says, but it's still quite a lot, I agree. But darn it, they wrote that "five scruffy children" line in, and I can't shake it. Oh, well. Purdey's mostly Scots, and back in Adam Smith's time they used to have 20, so she can do it. :lmao:
<<

JackieO

Absolutely Fabulous

Post 30 Jul 2010, 23:53

:grin:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Post 31 Jul 2010, 10:14

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Purdey has to only do it four times, like Philippa says, but it's still quite a lot, I agree. But darn it, they wrote that "five scruffy children" line in, and I can't shake it. Oh, well. Purdey's mostly Scots, and back in Adam Smith's time they used to have 20, so she can do it. :lmao:

Oh, logic can be painful at times! 20 Children, who on earth would want to put herself through that? Now you see why I can't help thinking our ancestors were barking mad. :lol:
<<

Philippa

Post 31 Jul 2010, 10:58

*enters*

Eeeek 20 kids?!

*shudders and leaves again*

PreviousNext

Return to The New Avengers