Welcome
Welcome to Absolutely Joanna Lumley, a forum dedicated to the actress Joanna Lumley.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You're most welcome to join our forum, which gives you access to all forum boards and allows you to communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features.

We hope to welcome you soon!

What else could they have done?

<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 30 Jan 2012, 01:09

What else could they have done?

Simple and straightforward; what would you have liked to see them do? Get lost in a foreign country, end up shoplifting (again), move houses or switch places? They're great together and I've always had the feeling that there are so many more things they could have done with that series...
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 30 Jan 2012, 09:23

Re: What else could they have done?

I can imagine Kate wanting to go on holiday, and ordering Gloria to arrange it all. But naturally they haven't got any money, so they end up camping.

Kate Swift in a tent or a caravan, now that's something I would like to have seen :lmao:

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Favourite: The New Avengers

Post 30 Jan 2012, 14:13

Kate camping would definitely be good for a laugh. :lol: She'd fall asleep, and something would crawl into her sleeping bag. Cue hysterical screaming. :lmao:

I think, if they did a travel episode, it would be fun to see them go to Australia, with Gloria flying home to visit family. Kate would be terrified the whole time of being trampled by kangaroos and being eyed up for muggings by the entire populace. :lmao:

I'd also have liked them to do some sort of proper conclusion to the Duncan/money saga. I think it's pretty clear he's dead, but they could find the body, and then maybe work out who took the money, give Kate some closure.

I'd like to see Kate and Jack take the first, halting steps toward a relationship, too--it's pretty clear they both have feelings for each other that they're doing their best to hide. There could be a lot of comedy mined from Jack and Kate trying to awkwardly get together, and then screwing up and being embarassed. :lol:

Also, any plot with Jack uncovering some really huge conspiracy that earns him the respect of the journalistic community, finally. Preferably after they've had some adventures trying to get him sober. :wink:
<<

Mara

Top Dog

Favourite: Sensitive Skin

Post 31 Jan 2012, 00:46

Oh a (camping) holiday, I like that! The idea of them camping together in a small caravan or tent itself is hilarious, haha. I can totally picture Kate (with uncombed hair) at the breakfast table, wearing her PJs and dressing gown. Gloria would love it. :lol:

The Kate/Duncan thing is definitely a flaw in the overall plot. I feel that they just made him up so that they had a reason to put Kate in prison and also because it would be highly unlikely that a woman of her age (and with that fortune) would still be unmarried.
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 31 Jan 2012, 03:18

Mara wrote:Oh a (camping) holiday, I like that! The idea of them camping together in a small caravan or tent itself is hilarious, haha. I can totally picture Kate (with uncombed hair) at the breakfast table, wearing her PJs and dressing gown. Gloria would love it. :lol:

The Kate/Duncan thing is definitely a flaw in the overall plot. I feel that they just made him up so that they had a reason to put Kate in prison and also because it would be highly unlikely that a woman of her age (and with that fortune) would still be unmarried.

Duncan was definitely a plot device, meant to get the ball rolling, and they sort of forgot about him as the show went on. I think it was resolved that the money had been taken by someone or other, wasn't it? But they could have used a proper wrap-up. :yes:
<<

Philippa

Patsy Stone, 39, International style and beauty guru

Favourite: Absolutely Fabulous

Post 31 Jan 2012, 10:55

It was hinted at that he was most probably dead, and that all the money in offshore accounts was no longer there. But yeah, the fact that they never resolved the Duncan issue is the one big flaw in the series.

It is a miracle I can walk at all. I bless the wonder of life and the newness of living ~ Patsy Stone
<<

Timeless A-Peel

Gambit's Companion

Post 31 Jan 2012, 23:29

Philippa wrote:It was hinted at that he was most probably dead, and that all the money in offshore accounts was no longer there. But yeah, the fact that they never resolved the Duncan issue is the one big flaw in the series.

That's it--it's been awhile, but I remembered that they did mention something about it. I've read elsewhere that people were disappointed at the lack of a "proper" conclusion, so a real wrap-up episode would be something I think a lot of people would appreciate. :yes:

Return to Class Act